McAfee VS 8 and Firewall 5, Adaware and S&D, WinDVD 6

edited June 2004 in Software
I consider these the best tools for VirusScanning and Protecting my computer. I've had no problems using this software and the firewall is simple to setup and always protects your computer from bad probings from the outside. I've always had troubles with other programs and freeware firewalls because they were so complex or didn't allow certain settings that my programs would suddenly become blocked from using the internet. So I just decided to go back to my old firewall program since it uses Smart Detecting. So like if suddenly a new program is changed it asks you again if you would want it to connect to the internet. So like it keeps track of changes on the users desktop and blocks changes from the internet.

Adaware and Spybot S&D are awesome spyware, malware, trojan, you name it removing tools. I have the Pro version of Adaware so I also had Adwatch which attempts to keep things from being changed in your registery and stuff (though I keep some of this disabled because it can mess up installing programs.) Spybot S&D is able to stop downloading stupid things like cookies that are known to be spyware and is freely distributed. Both of these programs seem to be able to detect things differently and each is benefical to use instead of just one of them.

WinDVD 6 is a grand update to the WinDVD 5 program. For one it doesn't take as long to load up and it incorporates all the extras from the last version as standards and adds new extras into the fold. I've always had a small problem with WinDVD in that when I updated by writing a new version over an old one my VCDs wouldn't show their video but just uninstalling WinDVD 5 and reinstalling would fix that. I don't know why it would do that. I wonder if WinDVD 6 will do the same thing? hmm. Also WinDVD 6 and McAfee 8 don't conflict with each other as I've heard Norton and WinDVD have been doing.

So there you have that in just a few of the major programs that I use. I have tons more that have come in handy frequently which I think I might bring up later :p.

Comments