My computer bluescreens after the Wi-Fi card "Goes crazy".

edited November 2015 in Software
My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad E40 with 4 GB RAM and an
amd athlon ii x64.
The Wi-Fi card has quit functioning 2 times now and caused a bluescreen once with error:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILIURE
The card exhibits some strange behavior before crash (Consant limited network, no VPN, constant activity etc.)!
Every time, restarting helps.
Should I backup and trash this one and move to my x86 Dell Inspiron 1425 with a duel core 2 x64? Or is there any way to fix it?

- Po Lu

Comments

• Buy a new wifi card, yours is failing.
    Would recommend the exact make for compatibility.
  • I agree and we mean the same card model, type and type the system already has. Reason being some laptops don't like having a different card. My old HP would go pass the CMOS check if there was a different card in it let alone no card.
  • I agree and we mean the same card model, type and type the system already has. Reason being some laptops don't like having a different card. My old HP would go pass the CMOS check if there was a different card in it let alone no card.
    Are you sure that you are NOT talking about those old IBM thingies with phoniex bios?
  • Actually, for both TCP's and the following reason:
    Some cards use different antenna, power, and other settings I can't put a grasp on anymore.
    Using a card that has different settings won't work. Best research the card you have and either buy the exact one, or find a replacement.

Your card is likely one from the readme: Lenovo e40 Wireless lan driver Readme
    Best look at the device list or open your laptop to find out. But even with a "compatible" the bios may reject it due to the asinine whitelist, as TCP said.
  • If all else fails, USB ones are getting as small at the BT dongles used for keyboards nowadays.
  • Yep, I saw at walmart a wireless N dongle that was super slimmed.
  • Is there any way to repair it (Don't change the card)? That will be better :<(