Matrox Mystique 220 & Creative Speakers NOS Pick Up

edited September 2017 in Hardware
Havent been around for ages, but it's good to see we've finally progressed from requesting Windows XP and crummy polls on whether we prefer Windows 98 or NT.

Anyhow I recently picked up a couple of things, more or less new old stock to be used for my 486 that may be of interest. Firstly was a 4 MB Matrox Mystique 220 video card. I already had a Millenium II inside, so it wasn't an upgrade on paper, though for running Windows 95 and playing DOS games still works a treat. The auction for this ran hot so I try not think that I could have bought a 4 GB video card or HDD instead of a 4 MB video card for the price!

The Creative speakers were known as the SBS10 of similar vintage. I would have preferred the SBS20 as these were amplified and had volume and bass controls etc, though are a nice touch for the 486 matching the beige and being accurate for the time.

Instead of uploading a heap of photos again, you may check the photos from the links below:

https://socket3.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/ebay-purchase-11-matrox-mystique-220-pci-video-card/

https://socket3.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/ebay-purchase-10-creative-sound-blaster-sbs10-speakers/

Comments

• I was wondering where the fuck you went, seeing how your last post was in fucking May.

Welcome back!

Glad to see you are making upgrades to your 486, I just wish mine didn't die on me, but anywho I got a Pentium 75mhz with internal parts from 1994 and early 1995 to suit my MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 needs.
  • Life has been up and down, with relative lack of me time is the short story. Nothing unique about it. When I do have some time on my own, I sometimes work on my blog.

It took a while to get there but the 486 is good now. A CRT monitor would make it feel time accurate, but the 15" Diamond View LCD that I found for rubbish collection ages ago is fantastic for it.
    I would have liked to build or buy a 386, but don't see that happening. Instead I'm looking at building a new PC as it's been over 6 years. So far I've only purchased a new Corsair case.

Yeah I saw your P75. The desktop case was very similar to an Acer 486 DX/33 machine I had 20 years ago. It was called an AcerMate, maybe this is what they were superseded with.