WinWorld's dedicated IP

edited March 2010 in News & Announcements
Hi people....

So lately I've personally been pondering just, rejecting all traffic originating from netspace owned by any provider in Brazil, as 99% of that traffic is nothing beyond spam and ssh brute forces anyway, and it seems abuse@*.br goes even more unanswered than FDCServers.com.

Considering the fact that WinWorld and the downloads are two things that are running that would originally be affected, and seeing how there IS a slight bit of legitimate WinWorld traffic from Brazil, I have assigned a dedicated IP to WinWorld. This will allow me to exempt WinWorld from any future possible blocks that I will want on other stuff.

I have changed the DNS to reflect this. The DNS was set to a time to live of 86400 seconds (one day, for those who do not know) and that has also been set to 300 (five minutes) on the records that I have modified, for future sanity.

WinWorld will remain accessable on either IP (current or new) within the next few days, until the DNS 100% propagates among the interwebs, in which I will no longer make it available on the old IP. This should result in no service interuption.

Comments

• I used to think Brazil seemed like an okay place, but really it's just a bunch of spammers and bots. I didn't even know they had internet down there.
  • I can't make much of the technobabble in the first post, but I'm guessing it's a good thing.

UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    I used to think Brazil seemed like an okay place, but really it's just a bunch of spammers and bots. I didn't even know they had internet down there.
    You don't remember Clest?
  • Oh. I do now. So one person in the whole country isn't a spambot. (And I'm still not entirely convinced.
  • Proof that Brazil sucks:

Richard Gatinho

that is all.
  • AntiWin wrote:
    Proof that Brazil sucks:

Richard Gatinho

that is all.

Bot fetishes, etc. :P
  • AntiWin wrote:
    Proof that Brazil sucks:

Richard Gatinho

that is all.

Proof that America sucks: you
  • edited March 2010
    netz wrote:
    AntiWin wrote:
    Proof that Brazil sucks:

Richard Gatinho

that is all.

Bot fetishes, etc. :P
    You mean the guy who said he gets off to bots?
    <RichardG> i could get off to bots if i wanted to
  • We had a Brazillian user a long while ago.

-Q

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file