[Request] Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) has been found!!

Hello There, I am a Mac Newbie and don't know much... I have an old iMac G4 PPC. It currently has Jaguar (10.3) and has all the updates. I was going to use the computer for different purposes, but all of my software requires 10.4. I only need an upgrade, but any 10.4 installation media will work. I have read on multiple pages that Apple Inc. has stopped supporting 10.4, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance... If any Mac experts could give me a tip on installing classic over OS X that would be awesome as well!!

Cheers,

BilleJeansOnMac

Comments

• From my knowledge, upgrade discs do not exist with the Mac OS X line of software. There's only the retail versions and computer-specific versions.

It's not that I would have any problem sending a Tiger DMG myself, it's just that I don't think the admins here have agreed to publish 10.4 on here. I think 10.3 was considered, but not 10.4.

Anyway I guess if I get the permission I could PM it to you but I won't be uploading to this website as I'm not sure how safe my copy of Tiger is.
  • Thank you garirry,
    If you were to get permission, would you PM it to me. I really need to upgrade a lot on my mac 10.3.9!

Thanks In Advance!!
    billyjeansonmac
  • hello there gairry,
    I found a post that said that several versions of OS X were to be uploaded - https://winworldpc.com/winboards/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9017 - and thought that this post was no longer needed... But I do need this fairly soon (Moved Deadline) I would appreciate any help that you could offer.
    Thanks in advance... If any Mac experts could give me a tip on installing classic over OS X that would be awesome as well!!
    and this was over OS X 10.3.9...

Cheers,
    Thanks in Advance,
    BillieJeans(truly)OnMac
  • But I do need this fairly soon (Moved Deadline) I would appreciate any help that you could offer.
    Then you need to start looking elsewhere pronto. Perhaps this fine web site can help: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_Speci ... acat=58058

10.4 may eventually magically appear on this site, but it may be a while, and it may turn out not to be the version you need (frick if none of this stuff ever includes disk scans, what is wrong with people?)
  • Thank you for your input. How about Amazon. I've been scammed on eBay before
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    But I do need this fairly soon (Moved Deadline) I would appreciate any help that you could offer.
    Then you need to start looking elsewhere pronto. Perhaps this fine web site can help: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_Speci ... acat=58058

10.4 may eventually magically appear on this site, but it may be a while, and it may turn out not to be the version you need (frick if none of this stuff ever includes disk scans, what is wrong with people?)

Check out a fine site (cough, cough...macintosh garden...cough) to find 10.4's DMGs
  • I have a legitimate copy of universal Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger with Xcode, I can go ahead and upload this if I can get confirmation that I am allowed to do so.