IDE HDD setup problems...

Hi everybody.

So, in my last post I mentioned an IBM PC that I wanted to set up. I got Hard drive IDE cables in, they fit perfectly with the HDD (which ironically I also found by the dumpster), but the HDD isn't detected in BIOS! I want to set this as "Master", but (I'm a noob at setting up IDE HDDs) there's no jumper that was included with the HDD. Now I have no idea if this is the cause of the problem, but just to say, the FDD in this computer is a separate cable than the one for the HDD. Any ideas/suggestions?

The specs of the HDD:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 with 80 GB storage
No jumper (as I said)
7200 RPM

Any help/support/suggestions is appreciated greatly!

-Alixnator

Comments

• @Alixnator said:
    Hi everybody.

So, in my last post I mentioned an IBM PC that I wanted to set up. I got Hard drive IDE cables in, they fit perfectly with the HDD (which ironically I also found by the dumpster), but the HDD isn't detected in BIOS! I want to set this as "Master", but (I'm a noob at setting up IDE HDDs) there's no jumper that was included with the HDD. Now I have no idea if this is the cause of the problem, but just to say, the FDD in this computer is a separate cable than the one for the HDD. Any ideas/suggestions?

The specs of the HDD:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 with 80 GB storage
    No jumper (as I said)
    7200 RPM

Any help/support/suggestions is appreciated greatly!

-Alixnator

Nvm apparently just sticking a flat tip screwdriver in there works too.

:D