IBM PS/1 Model 2011 Repair

Hello everybody. I have an IBM PS/1 Model 2011 that I'd like to use. I've mentioned this computer previously where I was asking about running Windows 3.1 on it. The problem is that the computer is now completely dead. I replaced the Dallas clock battery so that I'd be able to save BIOS settings (thus allowing booting from floppy). When putting the new battery in, I (unfortunately) didn't pay attention and put the battery in backwards. After that, it didn't work again. I've tried everything I can think of, from removing the battery to trying the old battery, powering it on without drives connected, etc. When plugged in and powered on, the monitor shows a black screen and nothing more. The processor does heat up, so it's getting power, and the capacitors don't seem to be bulged or leaking. Does anyone have any ideas? I'll add some pictures of the motherboard in case there's something visibly wrong that I don't see. Thanks

Comments

• I forgot to mention the specs (if they're important).
    CPU: AMD 286 10MHz
    RAM: 512KB + 512KB
    FDD: 1x 3.5", 1x 5.25"
    HDD: 30MB

• Ouch. Which dallas part number is that?

Putting one in backwards would probably destroy the chip. When something like that goes poof, power can go in and out of other pins in unexpected ways. It has probably damaged one of the chips that connects directly to the dallas clock chip. Such chip damage usually does not leave visible damage.

Glancing at the pinouts for a common dallas clock chip, I don't see any one set of pins that would stand out more than others for potential damage. Of course, the PS/1 is mostly surface mount VLSI stuff, so probably not much that can be done.

Have you checked the voltages from the power supply to make sure they are close to what they should be?

• @SomeGuy said:
    Ouch. Which dallas part number is that?

Putting one in backwards would probably destroy the chip. When something like that goes poof, power can go in and out of other pins in unexpected ways. It has probably damaged one of the chips that connects directly to the dallas clock chip. Such chip damage usually does not leave visible damage.

Glancing at the pinouts for a common dallas clock chip, I don't see any one set of pins that would stand out more than others for potential damage. Of course, the PS/1 is mostly surface mount VLSI stuff, so probably not much that can be done.

Have you checked the voltages from the power supply to make sure they are close to what they should be?

The Dallas chip is DS1287+ (1503H 365076). I haven't checked voltages yet, I'll do that tomorrow.