Can't Install OS/2 version 4.5

edited May 2015 in Software
I am using this website's OS/2 4.5 images to try to install OS/2, but it always gets this error

WpKNXft.png

No idea why this happens.

Comments

• I dunno either.

Try version 4.52.14.086_W4 instead of 4.52.14.089_W4
  • This could be the a drive problem. I think that the emulated hardware is too new. I had some same issues in Virtualbox. Try to set harddisk to IDE, not SATA.

Um, if it's right you got 2 CD's, one fro booting, after you booted switch CD and continue.
  • I got that exact message while installing too. I'll try the 086 version, I was using 089 previously.

@Roman78 The default storage controller for the hard drive is already IDE. Besides, if it was SATA I doubt it would even recognize it.
  • I've just tried to install using version 086, and I didn't see any error message like that. It works quite well in VirtualBox.
  • Alex. Use something like VMWare maybe a SCSI drive would work? I know VmWare can emulate one. Not sure about Vbox or VPC2007
  • https://winworldpc.com/download/404E6CA ... 54D21A8599

Try this one, the other one is legitimately erroneous.
  • OS/2 has always been very non-trivial to virtualize due to it's use of CPU timing loops and FPU exceptions

If VirtualPC fails try with VirtualBox. I do not think VMWare has ever really attempted to target OS/2 as a guest as much as the prior two have. Make sure that you have VT-x disabled on the VM as well as OS/2 can not play nice with this enabled.
  • Had the same issue with OS/2 (i am using VirtualBox), when installing OS/2 using HPFS all had the same error. The only way I could get them to install is using FAT. Hope this helps.