Disable Hardware Checking (but Vista this time)

edited February 2007 in Software
As stupid as it may seem because it will run dog slow (and I know it) I was curious is there was a way to disable hardware checking for HDD space and amount of memory in Vista because I want to torture am old IBM Thinkpad with a Pentium II 300mhZ processor and 192MB of memory and 5GB hard drive. I used the first version of vLite to strip it down to CD size because I don't have a DVD drive in the laptop. I am using Vista RC2 (I was part of the Beta program).

Comments

• Why not search for a stripped down version of vista on torrent sites i have one which is very good :)
    f_7011170759260.jpg
  • and exactly why do you want to torture an innocent ibm thinkpad?
  • K, so 2GHz/512MB runs it like shit, so uh, its never gonna install on that thing.
  • BUT ITS OMG KEWL FISH!!?!?! IT MAKEZ MY EPENIS BIIGAR
  • Well ,it runs fine as long as you have 1GB ram.
  • i heard it dosent install on anything lower than a mid p3.
  • Well, this poor IBM Thinkpad as you put it is on its last limb anyhow. I received it used because the former owner didn't want it anymore. I had a broken laptop I took memory out of to upgrade this one. The floppy drive is busted, the LCD flickers and likes to flip out of sync sometimes until you smack it, only one of the PCMCIA ports work, the USB port doesn't work because the plastic is busted out of the port, the battery capacitor is fried so it can't charge or run off battery, and the case it scratched and scuffed to death. IT still has a working CD-ROM drive and a working 4GB hard drive in it. I stripped down a copy of Vista myself using vLite and it was 670MB, but It still won't boot and still won't install via Windows because it wants 512MB of memory. If I could disable the check, I am willing to wait the week it takes to install and boot on such an old machine, just so I can say I've done it.
  • 4GB definitely isnt gonna work, my Vista was using like 8-9 gigs after installation.
  • I doubt it'd even run on something that slow. It probably *requires* SSE2.