User names

edited March 2007 in Software
Ok when i first turned on this computer it asked for a password. I put in winston thats my dogs name. Somehow winston got put in as username also. So i went in to control panel and changed the user to Chris and no password. After changeing it to Chris i still saw the folder on the desktop was called winston. So i reboot and now the folder shows Chris. But some things still show winston like when i go to a cmd its C:\users\winston and the other folders in the Chris folder have a winston in the shortcut or whatever its called. Like the videos it showed something like c:\winston\videos something like that. I done the best i can to describe this. Please help me out here i want to get all to chris and take winston out completely. That name was meant for password only. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• i think: DELETE WINSTON (SORRY FOR YOUR DOG) and move all to Chris....

Do You accidentaly, created an newer user account with the name Chris, than simply renaming Winston....????? (this is an problematic-frecuent error :) )

so, I think that account "winston" is giving problems... DELETE IT AN GIVE TO CHRIS THE CONTROL :)
  • That, or if you haven't set up your new account too much, create an account named "Chris", set it up, move everything important from "winston" and then delete the user account "winston".

-Q
  • FedeVista wrote:
    i think: DELETE WINSTON (SORRY FOR YOUR DOG) and move all to Chris....

Do You accidentaly, created an newer user account with the name Chris, than simply renaming Winston....????? (this is an problematic-frecuent error :) )

so, I think that account "winston" is giving problems... DELETE IT AND GIVE TO CHRIS THE CONTROL :)
  • The only user account is Chris. Nothing named Winston in User Accounts.
  • It has to do with the profile...

So, create another account... or log into the administrator account and delete the winston profile...

When you log back on under the Chris user, windows will make a new profile for you named Chris
  • OK, so Right click on "My Computer" > Properties. Then "Advanced", then "User Profiles" > Settings. Check and see what/how many profiles there are listed.

-Q
  • I think the solution that BlueSun is the way to go.. :)
  • I think that BS and I suggested the same thing in different language :)

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    I think that BS and I suggested the same thing in different language :)

-Q
    Yes is the true, you explanition is more easy to understand than the BlueSun one.... :) BEACUSE IT HAVE THE EXACTLY INSTRUCTIONS TO DO THAT :) CONGRATZ Q :) you are very good explaining :)
  • delete all the folders that have winston on them. Simple.