DR Multi-User DOS 5.10

edited March 2007 in Software
How can you get this to work. I have tried avrything that I an think of to the file to boot. I've been trying to find .img file without any luck.

Comments

• Can you elaborate more? EG. You have DR-DOS 5.1... on disks? disk images? How are you trying to load it? etc.

-Q
  • I download the DR Multi-User DOS 5.10.rar for winworld and It all in zip files, no .img or .dsk.
  • When I downloaded it I got one RAR, but also just files. I'm not sure, as I didn't put that archive together.

-Q
  • extract the .zip files to floppy disks ie disk1 disk2 disk3 and so on. Then, install by booting to dos and typing a:\disk1\setup.exe or whatever. Just extract the .zip files and copy to floppy disk.
  • I have done that. And don't get to work. It's not put a boot sector on the disk when you just extract to the disk.
  • Gah

Can you use something like DOS 5.00 or 6.22 to write the bootsector and then remove all the files and replace them with DR 5.10?

-Q
  • I tried in with a dr dos 5.00 image file and did as you said. There just a few things the don't work, but I found way around them.

It was not muti-user as the tile say. It allow you to run 2 more apps at the same time. In dos the a big step. I'm still go play with it a little to see what else it can to. Thank you for your help.
  • Hmm, in that case the archive might bear renaming.

Anyway, glad it works.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Hmm, in that case the archive might bear renaming.

Anyway, glad it works.

-Q
    I take back my last post It is muti-user. I had to a full install of the os. And has 8 desktop you can change to. You can add users I'm not sure the the security between user and superuser "root" . I'm going to try to put cdrom drivers and a gui on to see how it handles. I will post more on it later.

Is there a place I can post a the disk .img to so other don't have to go thougth all the this to use it.
  • Anyone have a FTP server? Duff? This is right up your alley if it prevents future complaints like this...

-Q
  • Being able to run more than one program at once is multi threaded not multi user.
  • cyricm2007 wrote:
    I take back my last post It is muti-user. I had to a full install of the os. And has 8 desktop you can change to. You can add users I'm not sure the the security between user and superuser "root" .

And I think that THAT is "multi tasking", which it evidently does also. I've got to try this someday... I wonder if it's as bad as MultiFinder?

-Q
  • I have upload the files up "http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3636464"

I have the zip and Winimage files. I have put a file on how I had to install it. It has no Autoexec.bat so you have fdisk yourself and start the install program. "Install.exe" This is the best I can do right know on this
    maybe with more then just few that have worked on this so far, maybe able to get it working alot easier then what it is now.
  • Whoever's DLing it, will they put it on a server for those of us who don't (Presently) have BT installed?

-Q
  • Put it on torrent is the best thing I can do for now. How know my someone will download and put in a server so other can download it that don't have BT download program.
  • It's now on my svr so people without a torrent can get it and it wont disappear if noone seeds it.

-Q
  • I have now sit up a ftp on DriveHq, Sorry about the BT download. I hope the link works.
    http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/pub ... icm2007/My Documents/5.1.zip
  • I hope I did a least a ok job on this. I know it need a alot of work be what it where it was. Thinks to everybody the help me on geting it this far.

Q
    Administrator

How is it in New Jersey. I live in North Cape May for a year be before I move to maine.
  • It's OK, I have it now, someone else got it on BT, and now it's up for others. Biggest thing is that you work isn't totally lost forever.

As to where I live, I'm North of you (Not surprizing!), and I suspect there isn't much difference in the overall state of the state between us. Why the move though?

-Q

PS. BTW, If you haven't already found/made use of it, I recommend the "Random Crap" section as well as the other "Talk" forums, if you're into them/that.
  • Q wrote:
    It's OK, I have it now, someone else got it on BT, and now it's up for others. Biggest thing is that you work isn't totally lost forever.

As to where I live, I'm North of you (Not surprizing!), and I suspect there isn't much difference in the overall state of the state between us. Why the move though?

-Q

PS. BTW, If you haven't already found/made use of it, I recommend the "Random Crap" section as well as the other "Talk" forums, if you're into them/that.
    I did what I could to with it, I'm still try to a cdrom driver to work. I think it to with the fact it Dr Dos not Ms dos. I keep trying get to work.

The move was do to step-mother problems. But I miss live there. I had a good job.
  • Hmm, you want to check out what OS2fan2 noted here: http://forum.winworldpc.com:81/phpbb2/v ... php?t=4468

As to the move and its origins, I wont ask further.

-Q