Use of .RAR files

edited March 2007 in Software
since i have a crappy version of windows 3.0, it dosent recognise the .rar file from the site. i have tried to get the disks from microsoft, no luck. then i found a different part of microsoft where i thought it had windows 95 but this was just the service pack upgrade and my comp diddnt recognise anyway. so if someone could send all of the disk files in .zip(labled) then i could extract them. preferably one .zip with individual file folders for all of the different disks. and please make shure theyare compatable with 3.0!!!

Comments

• windows 3.0 dosent recognise the setup files. it keeps saying to check that the filename and path are correct whenever i select it from the disk. ANYONE know whatzup???!??!?!??!??!? :!:
  • im thinking that since i have xp on a different system, i will do an inside out install, being that i will slap in the hard drive for 3.0 into my xp and install it on that hard drive and then slap it back in the 3.0 comp!! i sereously doubt this will work thogh.
  • before i do your shure that this prog. will work on win 3.0 right?
    :!: !:!
  • Yes, sorry for not replying sooner. Download winrar 3.70 beta 1 for msdos from http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm. It should work. It is a dos unrar program, the graphical versions are for 95/98/2000/xp only.
  • thanks!!! and dont worry about getting back to me asap. just in the same three days of posting would be nice. i am only on here for like 2 hours a day anyway!!! :!:
  • author switch from guest to sergentsiler. :!:
  • signing off!