CPU failure ?

edited March 2007 in Hardware
I clicked the power button this AM and went
back to the kitchen for more coffee and when I
came back the machine was off.
I clicked it again and it started booting again
and then on the black screen was some words.
"blah,blah,blah,CPU failure" It was just up a
second and I couldn't read it all, then the
computer shut down again.
I clicked it again and it booted up and here I
am. Is it possible it will run alright until it's
shut down again?
Or if I try something intensive like burning off
some files on the CD burner is it likely to cause
it to shut down? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thump

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What kind of cpu is it
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Is your heatsink on? Is the fan turning?
    It sounds like the fan is running Tomchu when I put
    my ear to the side.
    It seems to be running fine. I was afraid to turn it
    off and open it up. I tried to install my old
    external hard drive but it had to reboot to work so
    I burned three CDs and then restarted and it
    booted right back up. I've got about everything I
    really need saved off it on the external now.
    Would that cause it not to boot up when it was
    cold? It's:
    X86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1399 Mhz
    Thanks for the tip.

Thump
  • Ooh, yeah, you gotta watch pulling the side off. Just remember, no matter what ANYONE tells you, it is NOT ok to pull the side of the computer off when it is running... the power supply sends electrical signals through it, and if you take it off you computer may short out and catch on fire ! O_O
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • z16bitseg wrote:
    Ooh, yeah, you gotta watch pulling the side off. Just remember, no matter what ANYONE tells you, it is NOT ok to pull the side of the computer off when it is running... the power supply sends electrical signals through it, and if you take it off you computer may short out and catch on fire ! O_O

you = retarded, the only electricty going through the case is grounding......

lol by far this is the funniest thing i've ever heard... if anything leaving the case open is good, increases air flow......

OMFG LOL!!!!!!! HAHAHAA
  • and if you want to check for yourself, take a volt meter to the case while the comp isnt running, then there should be small amounts of 'lectricity runnin throus it, cuz its connected to da wiaz rght?!?!? ( tell me when you find out that ther isnt any electricity at all in the case itself.) and if you do find electricity running through the case you either: have an anchent comp, are retarded, have a retarded voltmeter, or ..... . . . . . . . . . your retarded!
  • your retarded

Irony.
  • sergentsiler is two posts away from a ban. Me and Duff have deleted so much of his bullshit in the last few minutes, and I'm TRYING to enjoy a late morning in bed, but this is taking up all my time.
  • fine! i will shut up already! just go out and tell me next time! and i didnt write "your retarded"
    i wrote if you found electricity in a comp case you are. now, i am shutting up for like, a while!
    let you cool off.