Some Old Stuff I want to get rid of...

edited March 2007 in Hardware
I got a pile of old computer stuff that some of you may be interested in, here's a rough list:

Pentium III 800 Mhz - 370
Pentium III 450 Mhz - 1 (I think)
Pentium II 400 Mhz - 1
486DX 100 MHz - unknown socket

2.5 GB HD (couple minor problems, ask if your interested)
Some other IDE HD...

2x 128 MB SDRAM 184 pin DIMM
256 MB SDRAM 184 pin DIMM
32 MB 184 pin

ASUS CUV4x - 370, 3 184 pin RAM Slots, IDE, AGP 4X, 4x PCI Slots
MoBo - 1, 3 184 pin RAM Slots, IDE, AGP 2x, PCI
MoBo for 486 mentioned above, ISA Only, IDE

ATI Rage 128 Pro 3D AGP 2x 32 MB RAM
2x D-LINK PCI network cards
Sound Blaster 16 PCI
PCI Modem 56K Soft Modem

That's really all I can tell you, if anyone's looking for something in particular I'll have a look at what else I have. This is very vague so please ask questions.

Comments

• Wipeout wrote:
    486DX 100 MHz - unknown socket

Would probably be 1, 2, 3 or 6
    Wipeout wrote:
    2x 128 MB SDRAM 184 pin DIMM
    256 MB SDRAM 184 pin DIMM

What about these?
    Wipeout wrote:
    ATI Rage 128 Pro 3D AGP 2x 32 MB RAM
    2x D-LINK PCI network cards

What're the speeds of those cards?

-Q
  • The RAM chips are pulls from my computer that I've been running on for a couple years. Their PC133 I believe. One of the net cards in 10/100, the other is the same model but I don't know the speed or the model number they were. I can't seem to find the GFX card speed, but the RAMDAC is 300 MHz if that helps
  • Sounds like it's slightly worse then the one I have now (GeForce FX 5200).

-Q
  • No it's much worse, cause I used that one for a while and gaming on it was horrible. Then I switched to the FX5200 for 25$, runs great.
  • Alright then, I'll steer clear!

-Q
  • Yeah, I just wanna to get rid of it. It won't be much use to me after I get my new PC.
  • Haha, you game on a FX5200 :p
  • Your damn right! And for $25 I'm pretty happy. I bet most people buy something just a little bit better for like $200
  • Uhh....that kind of money will get you a 7600, which will totally *own* any 5x series.
  • Yeah I know but I'm just saying...$25 isn't bad for a card that will run new games fairly well.
  • Yeah, if you run your games at 320x240.
  • Try running Battlefront II on a computer with half the processor requirements, 512 RAM and that GFX Card on Medium. It's flawless, so I think I got it covered.
  • For what little gaming I do, my FX 5200 is perfect and Windows has no complaints against it.

-Q
  • Yeah, I don't see why people must ridicule the cheaper stuff. Unless it truly is crap.
  • The 5xxx series is truely crap.

Save up some cash and get a much more decent card for $50-75 :P
  • Q wrote:
    For what little gaming I do, my FX 5200 is perfect and Windows has no complaints against it.

-Q
    Yes! the FX 5200 is the cheap, convenient for any guy and good performance with fairly new games WAY TO GO I have this card, but did you prefer to get stuck with the crappy onboard via`s or install an FX5200 DX 9.0 Support for $25?????? I think the nvidia 5200 is the way to go for anyone that want to grew-up the performance of these crappy-new machines 8) :lol:

[Accidental guest posting fixed, Q]
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Q wrote:
    For what little gaming I do, my FX 5200 is perfect and Windows has no complaints against it.

-Q
    Yes! the FX 5200 is the cheap, convenient for any guy and good performance with fairly new games WAY TO GO I have this card, but did you prefer to get stuck with the crappy onboard via`s or install an FX5200 DX 9.0 Support for $25?????? I think the nvidia 5200 is the way to go for anyone that want to grew-up the performance of these crappy-new machines 8) :lol:

The card blows on anything other than Enemy Territory. At least in my experience.
  • Hey it's let me play games that my computer would never had been able to play. And for $25 and you say I got burned for a crappy card? C'mon I was running an Rage 128.
  • Wipeout wrote:
    Hey it's let me play games that my computer would never had been able to play. And for $25 and you say I got burned for a crappy card? C'mon I was running an Rage 128.
    I dont`t say that I only say: The nVidia FX5200 is the most convenient way to go, for speed up and play DX9 games on these "crappy" PC`s that are sold by u$s200 to u$s500 and don`t came with any AGP or PCI video accelerator.
  • I have a GeForce 7300LE PCIX card (~$50 new), and it's ownage.
    But really, I don't game much, and the games that I do play (ET, Starcraft, SimCity4, Civ4) run fine on my Celeron D's integrated Radeon Xpress 200 with 64MB shared ram.

• 512dev wrote:
    I have a GeForce 7300LE PCIX card (~$50 new), and it's ownage.
    But really, I don't game much, and the games that I do play (ET, Starcraft, SimCity4, Civ4) run fine on my Celeron D's integrated Radeon Xpress 200 with 64MB shared ram.

this card have very good perfomance in games and image designing or 3D rendering :)

If I could afford one of these (here the price of this card is: ar$500. it`s very expensive for us HOT DAMN!!!! :(:(:( )
  • Yeah that same card here is about CAD $100
  • 512: It's not PCI-X. PCI-X is not PCI Express, otherwise known as PCI-e.
  • What is the form factor for the 486 mobo? I'm thinking about getting that, the CPU and the 256 MB stick of RAM.

I don't want to pay anymore than 30 bucks (USD) including shipping.
  • Gaming cards are *useless* at 3D rendering, at least in terms of CAD applications etc.
  • The Mobo for the 486 doesn't support 184-pin SDRAM. But if you want one the P3 Mobo, P3 CPU and RAM chip, that will prolly be 30 USD plus shipping (that's the comp I'm running now). But if you get the older Socket 1 P3, I'll knock it down to 20 w/o shipping. Plus if you're building a new computer, you're gonna need other cards too.
  • I know what I'm doing, the RAM is for another PC.
  • Oh OK sorry. Anyway I can't seem to find the form factor but I think it's ATX (if I know what I'm talking about). But for all that 30 with shipping USD should be fine.
  • So it has the 2 PS/2 ports on it?

-Q
  • *Proved wrong by Q*. The other have 2 PS/2 ports on it.