Windows 95 Version

edited March 2007 in Software
I got Windows 95A from the servers, I've installed it, but when I go into the System in the control panel, it doesn't say 4.00.950A. Instead it just says 4.00.950-. I've also got the Windows 95B CD and I've installed it a few times and when I go into the System in the control panel there, it says 4.00.950B. Is this a fault of Microsoft or not?

Comments

• According to Wikipedia, 4.00.950A was a Service Pack update, which seems to be quite a bit smaller than the typical Windows service pack.
  • Yeah I noticed that too.

It IS 95A though since it has more disks
  • Speaking about Windows 95 Versions, why is there no Windows 95 Original on the server? If there is, can you please tell me which one it is.
  • its is A one sint it?
  • The Original 95 had no letters following the version number.

-Q
  • The 95A on ther server is originial 95. 95A was a series of updates fow downlaod and the bought versions (very few I am lead to understand) were on more than 13 floppy disks, sometying like 17. If they were the dmf format ones, as far as my versions go.
  • I have floppy editions of Windows 98 and 95 B (or was it C?).
  • Really thought it was the A version. Anyway i remember from somewhere (cant reember anymore must ahve at least been 4 years), some guy managed to get windows xp onto 57 floppy disks or seomthing. And it actaully booted and installed from it. The installation took around 36 hours if i can remember.
  • Is the Windows 95 Upgrade Windows 95 original? I could install Windows 3.1 then put Windows 95 upgrade on it if it were.