Touchscreen Without... Touching :?

edited March 2007 in Software
Somehow, these guys managed to create an application which requires one webcam, and one monitor, and a few minutes of your time to calibrate an object getting closer to your monitor, somewhat acting as a touch screen. I'm installing this now.

Download: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/km ... tent=47105

Comments

• I wonder if it'll get ported?

-Q
  • Quick scoop: QT4 is the new KDE Library, mainly for KDE4.0, and the developers are working on getting it so that any application designed in QT4 will run on MacOSX, Windows, Linux, *BSD, *nix, etc. natively.

If that program gets ported to QT4, then chances are, it will work for Windows.
  • Wait, a QT4/KDE4 program will run straight up on Windows? That's... interesting
  • That's what the developers are planning/working on.
  • So, you could copy the file, rename it to "[...].exe" and it would (Hopefully) run?

-Q
  • Nonono, I doubt that would ever happen. From my understanding, they are porting the QT4 library over to Windows, so you can compile your QT4 application on Linux on Windows so it will run on Windows.

If I am incorrect, I'd be pleased if they would correct me.
  • Windows uses a different binary format for that to work.
  • OK, so instead of "copy straight and run", it's "compile QT4 on Windows, then compile the program on the QT4 that's on Windows" ?

-Q
  • Yeah that's the plan it seems.
  • It'll be interesting if it works. It'll be even better if they declutter KDE. I was on 3.1 I think and it definately had a bad feel about it.

-Q