I got DOS 6.22 on ebay

Take a look. Brand new, never been opened.

87e.jpg

Now I don't have to worry about not having legal disks.

Comments

• Cool, My first copy I had were made from my friends Dos 6.20 and Win3.1 floppies. But I would love to own original disks.
  • I have an opened box of Microsoft MS-DOS 5 Upgrade (Opened because of me). I also have a box for MS-DOS 2 or 3. Something pretty early.
  • I dont even know what you guys are using DOS for anymore, its all about Vista now :p
  • Eh? I just have the box. I didn't say it was installed :P
  • ka0s wrote:
    I dont even know what you guys are using DOS for anymore, its all about Vista now :p

Thats not the point. Someday these thigns can be worth a pretty buck. Or it can be a collectors item. It sure would be nice to have the last version of the standalone DOS systems.
  • I have DOS and Windows 3.1 in box out in my shed.
  • Fish: Not our fault you ditched everything the laptop (Then again, I remember when all you had was a laptop... that only ran DOS!)!

Anyway, what exactly is that CoA hologram? I didn't know they had them back in the DOS days...

-Q
  • I have an original DOS manual laying around in a box somewhere... I should dig it up. Not sure if I have original media though.

-Kirk
  • ka0s wrote:
    I dont even know what you guys are using DOS for anymore, its all about Vista now :p

Fish, you know that I have a dos comp just lying around that I like to use. I pull it out from time to time. Also, I lost all my dos files and I needed to get it again. This time I thought I would buy the legal version instead of downloading it like I did a while back. Plus, it is not about vista. I won't use it. I have heard plenty about it's digital rights junk built into it. XP works just fine for me.
  • anantha92 wrote:
    Thats not the point. Someday these thigns can be worth a pretty buck. Or it can be a collectors item. It sure would be nice to have the last version of the standalone DOS systems.

I doubt they will ever be worth anything.
  • ka0s wrote:

Fish, you know that I have a dos comp just lying around that I like to use. I pull it out from time to time. Also, I lost all my dos files and I needed to get it again. This time I thought I would buy the legal version instead of downloading it like I did a while back. Plus, it is not about vista. I won't use it. I have heard plenty about it's digital rights junk built into it. XP works just fine for me.

DRM fails.
  • In more ways then one! ";)"

-Q
  • adragons wrote:
    anantha92 wrote:

I doubt they will ever be worth anything.

Those 3 discs was really one of the first startes into the home computing age. In 50 years they will be worth alot.