New Printer, likely.

edited April 2007 in Hardware
I'm going to get a new printer off EBay later this week, provided the auction I'm looking at doesn't go up too much, if at all. I was reluctant to buy a printer off EBay, but the seller has near perfect feedback (one negative in the past year) and are located in Canada.

HP LaserJet 4050n
17 PPM

Comments

• Nice printer. My school uses ones that look like that.
  • I've always wanted a nice laser printer... Right now, though, I'm in love with the fact that my Epson Stylus' ink is only $0.79 and $1.49 for black/color cartridges.

I'm thinking about buying one, Probably an HP, but I really need to start saving for car.

Nice Though...

Nick
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    I've always wanted a nice laser printer... Right now, though, I'm in love with the fact that my Epson Stylus' ink is only $0.79 and $1.49 for black/color cartridges.

I'm thinking about buying one, Probably an HP, but I really need to start saving for car.

Nice Though...

Nick

That's a good price for inkjet cartridges. The cost per page for this printer (the HP above) is $0.005 / per page. Not bad at all if you ask me, compared to the average $10 for a 150 page inkjet cartridge.
  • I got a deskjet 940c for
  • Bash wrote:
    My school uses ones that look like that.

The lab where I work has the EXACT (or almost exact) same model! It has these three black tabs at the top where the paper comes out, but one isn't hooked to the other 2!

-Q
  • Yeah, they're very nice printers.

Unfortunately...this won't be happening due to ThinkPad failure. Check another thread (it will be obviously named) in the next day or so for details.
  • Hmm, I had my ThinkPad die not that long ago too ;)D: :(

-Q
  • It's unfortunate, it really was a nice machine, and it was so random, I don't understand what causes random system board problems :|.

Oh well, it is going to be replaced by a much better machine, just not in terms of brand.
  • Duff wrote:
    It's unfortunate, it really was a nice machine, and it was so random, I don't understand what causes random system board problems :|.

Oh well, it is going to be replaced by a much better machine, just not in terms of brand.
    Yeah, I find it odd that your laptop would just "go" like that... I can't say I've used hundreds of them, but the only thing wrong with my old one is that the battery is shot, and there was no point in buying a new battery for it because it was kind of outdated, and I wanted a new one anyway. tongue.gif Other than that, I still use it when I want a compact desktop machine, like to work downstairs when I'm near an outlet... and it has run fine and withstood all my semi-abusive things (like leaving it on all the time, probably letting it get too hot). Personally, I stand by HP laptops... they've always worked out great for me, both of the ones I have are great. smile.gif

-Kirk