Win NT Add-On for Presentation Manager

edited April 2007 in Software
Can someone help me?

I'm searching for this Add-On

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Nobody can help me?

Greetings reini1976
  • NT add on for presentation manager? How can you add WIndows NT to an an OS/2 desktop interface?

Can you describe what this is ? I'm curious.
  • Windows NT Add-On Subsystem for Presentation Manager is a Microsoft add-on product that allows you to run 16-bit Presentation Manager 1.x applications in addition to the OS/2 character-mode applications supported by the Windows NT OS/2 subsystem.

B.R. reini1976
  • I only found your posts in German forums about this when I searched for it.
  • I do recall hearing about this... but that may have been just for OS/2 on OS/2...

-Q
  • I found a reference to it in the Windows 2000 Resource tools. The document just says its available for order from MS. No mention of it in any of my MS product catologs. Maybe you give them a call and get it for ten bucks shipping. Might be that easy, like ordering a service pack on CD.
  • But who do you call? They have to have over a hundred different #s...

-Q
  • Windows NT3/4/2k supports the OS/2 subsystem. There was also supposed to be an addon product for NT4 that gave support for PM applications under NT4.

This is well documented in the NT4 reskit etc. However, i have not seen any uploads for it on the web to this moment. It's pretty scarse, supposedly because it was priced out of the roof, and not many copies sold.

It is interesting to note here that the os2lib path points to c:\os2\dll, so i suppose if ye got a copy of os2 1.x, and set it up (on c), it *might* work!

W
  • It's not a full fledged support though, just a hodge paodge of supported API's that (more or less) don't try and talk to the hardware directly. Even though the support was cut in NT (XP edition), thanks to the richness of the VM market I have everal versions of real OS/2 running.

Can NT (XP and newer) still see HPFS? I wonder... I think I should try it.