WLAN Problems under NT4

edited April 2007 in Software
I found a driver for a WLAN PC Card for NT4. It's suppose to be an RTL8180 Chipset (which matches the card), but when the card is inserted and the driver is installed, the card doesn't start. Also, the CPL will not open. Any ideas?

Comments

• "doesn't start" ? Is that the error that Windows throws?

-Q
  • No no no, it says it can't start a certain service...
    But the drivers are installed OK, and they're made for 95/NT4.
  • I had that happen a lot under NT 4 terminal server, I gave up after a while and just used a different NIC. But I think that I couldn't find NT 4 drivers for the NIC that was in it
  • Yeah, I went back to wired, since I moved the laptop to a different place in my room.
  • Wireless in NT4 is a bitch to start with.
  • Yeah, from most of my experience installing anything on NT4 is annoying. And I've seen no card manufactuar support for anything under 98SE.
  • Wipeout wrote:
    Yeah, from most of my experience installing anything on NT4 is annoying. And I've seen no card manufactuar support for anything under 98SE.
    Most WLAN cards for laptops in the UK are designed to work with 98SE or above-some for 95 and NT4.
  • WiFi in NT 3.51 would PWN. Is there a way?
  • Doubt it, if NT 4 and 95 don't have full support for it. But if you can get it working PLEASE TELL ME!.
  • I would definitely require some work on someones' part!

-Q
  • You would require work or that would require work? Cause I have a non-WDM driver for my WLAN card that's meant for NT4/95. But NT doesn't like it.
  • I mean it would require work on someone's part.

-Q