WEP and WPA cracking software

edited April 2007 in Software
i know its illegal, but what are the best WEP or WPA cracking softwares out there for windows?

Comments

• I'd like to know as I keep forgetting my WEP key, and the router doesn't let me log in when this happens. What is the best software?
  • I don't know how illegal it is without context (EG. Who'se getting broken into).

I suggest looking at this list.

-Q

PS. When I 1st read the title I thought you were talking about the OTHER "WPA"!
  • It'd be legal on yourself, but not on others.
  • I thought about trying to break into a WEP secured network around here, but the signal is too weak to even bother
  • Most routers have a hard reset button which clears all WEP and WPA keys and reverts them to default settings... If you're really doing this with legal intentions, why can't you just use the button?
  • Aires Wireless Packet sniffer. I think thats how it was spelt. But you need one or two other programs. I ahve them but you also need a set of drivers for your specific wirelss card unless it's an old model say 2001 and older. I say MAYBe however as a newer version may exsist. I beleive that will get you started anyway.
  • I wouldn't mind figuring this out. I had a friend with wireless in his house. There was encryption on it and he didn't know his keys or shit about any of it. So it would be useful in a situation like that.
  • yea, i mean like in malaysia my grandma's house, they always break the adsl modem (the kids) and there is a guy nearby with a wep encrypted router, i was bored and i just wanted to get in.

and PS Q: those in the links you sent me i already saw (duh) and tehy are mainly for linux and mac osx only.
  • Aircrack doesn't work with a lot of wireless cards though.
  • yea i saw that one, but i wanted one like kismac with a nice gui, this one is linux based since it does use the cygwin.
  • Most require the a orinoco compliant driver which have to be made for your card. (Why not crack with a legacy card and then use a newer card once cracked it :P)