Nt 4 VHD anyone ?

edited April 2007 in Software
Anyone interested in a fully built NT VHD?

It features;
NT 4 Workstation SP6a
Post SP6 security rollups
IE 6 SP1
Virtual Machine additions from
.net framework 1.1 (it was part of our migration needs can be removed)
Java 2 Runtime ver 1.31_18 (last known to install on NT4 - part of our migration needs can be removed)
Firefox 1.5
Up to date antivrus
Acrobat 5
Winamp 5.33
Media Player 6.4
a RAR program
Correctly installed installed driver sets
Virtual Machine additions for VPC 2007 (not recommended to run this build under VPC 2004 because of this)

This is as far as I go with the NT series, the rest of NT definitely does not fall within an ABW framework. This build is the most bloated as to be expected as it is also the most recent

NT4.jpg

Comments

• I'm very interested in this. I'd need it without the VPCD 2007 addons as I'm on Windows 2000 which needs VPC 2004.
  • I might be interested, but I would be running on VPC 2004, so I wouldn't mind the removal of the additions for 2007
  • two votes for addiotns removed.... heard loud and clear
  • We should be able to install the additions ourselves via the version we're using (I'd assume).

-Q
  • quite correct, it's very smooth on an NT 4 install as well since it's a pretty modern OS by win32 standards
  • Take my word and go for 2004 addons. This is for backwards compatibility with 2004 vpc users. One more thing can you please not make the ahrd drive like 300mb? I think 75mb should do fine. We can expand it ourselves if we want to after that.
  • So, when can we have it? I need NT4 for several things.
  • no I'm not adding in the 2004 additions, I'll just take the existing ones out. You can add in the 2004 additions.

A 75 meg HD? for a build that's patched? Not gonna happen. It is what it is. an expanded SP6a directory by itself is over a 100 megs, what makes you think the whole OS will fit in 75?

I'll upload it tomorrow.
  • Sorry UG, that was a typing error. I meant around 175 (200).
  • IE6 SP1 on NT4? Anyway, thanks for compiling it. :)