What shall we do with the noob a-shore...

QQ
edited April 2007 in Hardware
OK, I just got the laptop fully working. This is the 1st time I've forayed into laptoppery since the old Apple Ibook and the first PC/Windows laptop since the Toshiba Satellite/486! As such, I have NO idea what you're supposed to DO with this (Besides the obvious); I mean, I can move it around and...?

-Q

Comments

• Beats me, i hate laptops, I only have one for the airplane and the odd client site visit demo....
  • What ever you want to do with it.
  • Use it like a regular computer?
  • It's a computer, a portable computer. You can use it on a train, some trains in the UK have wifi spots, use it on the plane, take it abroad with you, use it on the move. Many laptops have wifi built in, you can use them at wifi spots.
  • Laptops are built to be portable. You can watch movies, play games and even surf the web on the go. If you live in a country like malaysia where the whole country is a wifi zone.
  • That's a point, hook it up to the TV and stereo use it as a mini media system...
  • Take it places.
  • Q wrote:
    As such, I have NO idea what you're supposed to DO with this (Besides the obvious); I mean, I can move it around and...?

-Q
    Play with it enough to satisfy your curiousity and then put it in a
    drawer, that's what I did.
    Six months later I got it out and got it running again and gave it
    back to my son. It was a P4 with 512 and was the fastest
    machine I had at the time but I had no use for it at all.

Thump
  • what is the point in that?
  • anantha92 wrote:
    If you live in a country like malaysia where the whole country is a wifi zone.

Which I don't.
    alexzarach wrote:
    You can use it on a train, [...]

I've never been on a train...

Anyrate, I'll try "moving it around" to BCC and back to test the battery.

-Q
  • Well the question is do you need it for anything if not then do a few test with it (battery life etc) to see how it performs and then store it. One day you may need it for something if you don't right now. However it would be good to also keep its a/v and spyware protection and stuff up to date.
  • I tested the battery today, it loses about 45% charge over an hour's mostly idle usage.

-Q