CD writer test?

QQ
edited April 2007 in Hardware
Is there a standard test for testing out a CD writing drive? I just got one and want to test it, but I don't have anything that I can think of that I want to write right now.

-Q

Comments

• Test as in see if it'll write any good? I suppose you could use nero's test burn function and set write disc to diabled. I know nero Burning Rom 5 and 6 had this feature not sure about 7.
  • I don't mind using a CD-R if need be (CD-RW would be better ofcourse).

-Q
  • Nero has built in standard tests
  • Well As I say a simulation write sounds like what Q wants. I don't follow his questioniong fully though. Do you want to see how fast it can write or what?
  • Why not just burn the Windows directory then test it on another system?
  • I want to make sure it works, especially that it doesn't go through the motions but actually write a useless disc.

-Q
  • Well download an ISO file and just burn it and then see if the program installs ;)
  • Hmm, interstingly enough, Windows has installed the CD and every part of Nero sees it except... the drive testing app.

-Q
  • So put in a CD-R, burn some random things, then ry reading them on a different computer.
  • I'll get back to it later. I've got two other external CD writers (Not intentionally), so this 3rd one isn't vitally important.

It's also the ugliest of the 3.

-Q