Online Games

edited February 2010 in Software
8)

Is anyone still playing anything online?

I know alot of us did the Wolf:ET thing together, and some of us did the Counter-Strike thing together.... Is anyone still playing anything like this?

I also did World of Warcraft for a while, but haven't in some time now.

Comments

• I used to play StarCraft with RN, so MANY MANY years ago.

-Q
  • 8)

OH MY GOD HE EXISTS STILL!

And that reminds me, what ever happened to StarCraft 2? Vaporware anyone?
  • Team Fortress 2! :D
  • I used to do Unreal Tournament with shadoxx / CoreDuo / merty / etc.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I used to do Unreal Tournament with shadoxx / CoreDuo / merty / etc.

I would beat eMalware at Quake II -30 to 0. I was also a starcraftfag in 2005.
  • I've recently developed an EVE Online addiction thanks to a few friends (not from here).

I still pop open Wolf:ET every now and again.

• nightice wrote:
    Team Fortress 2! :D

That on PC and XBOX360

Also tend to play Worms Armageddon on PC
  • I remember that I spent 6 days downloading Wolf:ET and I think I only played it once...

I have the CD somewhere... but I never did install it.
  • The only game I really play anymore is Garry's Mod. It's not really a game itself, but it serves as the base for many gamemodes such as Zombie Survival, as well as a physics sandbox.

<< My avatar was made with Garry's Mod.

I also play Counter-Strike Source and Left 4 Dead occasionally.
  • I may "may" give Star Trek Online a go, but it's no substitue for a new Star Trek Armada game, other than the odd time I never really play games online on the PC, had a few goes on the PS3 ones I ahve but meh, online gaming rarely interests me
  • I miss playing ET online, mainly when we used duff's server and he set the gravity to 0 and we'd fly up into the air and then fall to our deaths when he set the gravity to 999999999.
  • We probably *could* all play again sometime... Im not sure what I'd play on though... Im sure an Intel Atom with 945 graphics cant do much more than like 10fps @ 640x480x16
  • Ka0s wrote:
    We probably *could* all play again sometime... Im not sure what I'd play on though... Im sure an Intel Atom with 945 graphics cant do much more than like 10fps @ 640x480x16
    Remind me to find a more stable connection to leech off of, or I'll be a nice 800-3000ms lagged out target for everyone to hit.
  • I could always dust off the old ET CD and install it. Probably get pwned though since I've hardly played it before.
  • I say we all play Halo! </Kirk>

No, I'm joking.

I think we should all play DOOM or Quake. That'd be hours of fun and blowing people to bits.
  • Quake maybe. I remember playing Quake II with TCPMeta many many years ago.
  • noone wrote:
    I miss playing ET online, mainly when we used duff's server and he set the gravity to 0 and we'd fly up into the air and then fall to our deaths when he set the gravity to 999999999.

hell.pk3
  • AntiWin wrote:
    I say we all play Halo! </Kirk>

No, I'm joking.

I think we should all play DOOM or Quake. That'd be hours of fun and blowing people to bits.

DOOOOOOOOOOOM! </Joseph11>

How about Unreal Tournament? It has fairly low system requirements and should run just fine on Ka0s' laptop.
  • Unreal wouldn't be bad. It should run on my shitty laptop (P4 2.0, 1GB, ATI 7500)

Only other box I have is an Athlon XP 2400+ with no sound which is being replaced with a P4 2.0 mobo so I can have sata and sound.
  • I'd paly it against you guys on my 3dfx rig purely for the nicer effects :P .
  • BlueSun wrote:
    How about Unreal Tournament? It has fairly low system requirements and should run just fine on Ka0s' laptop.
    Well...It's a good game, but I'd need to learn how to play it before doing anything :(
  • I remember unreal, with that one tower level, and god/all weapons cheats, and the only way you could die is if you got blasted enough with the redeemer off the edge of the tower.
  • Redeemer == awesome.
  • Lets pick a game damnit. :P
  • If everybody wants to do some ET, I'll get a server going soon.
  • It's up!

1. Download ET + Updates: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3727676/Wolfenstein___Enemy_Territory.3727676.TPB.torrent

2. Install ET first, then install the patches.

3. Download Jaymod, then extract the "jaymod-2.1.7" folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" and rename it to "jaymod".

4. Start ET, configure your settings (enable Punkbuster!), then in the console (`) type "connect duffnet.ath.cx".