FYI

edited March 2010 in News & Announcements
8)

You are currently being served by:

http://www.Ka0s.us

server.jpg

Humbly serving you from within a closet within a 2 bedroom house in New Jersey on Verizon DSL.

Comments

• At first glance that looks remarkably like an old HP!

-Q
  • I'd say it looks more like a Dell, but it could be either. Whatever's true, I'm sorry.

But yeah, neat. I could never get PHP to work on a Windows server, but then I'm not much of a tech guy.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    I'd say it looks more like a Dell, but it could be either. Whatever's true, I'm sorry.

But yeah, neat. I could never get PHP to work on a Windows server, but then I'm not much of a tech guy.

Dell Dimension E310. You are the winner.

Why be sorry? Its serving its purpose (no pun intended) just fine.
  • That's true, and it's not like you bought the computer specifically for that purpose... Okay, I take it back.
  • I didn't even buy it. It was my parents computer years ago... They got a new one, so I brought theirs to my house and it sat unplugged and un-used in my hallway upstairs. Eventually I got tired of it being there so I put it in the closet (where it is now)... Then when we decided to bring back WinBoards I just plugged it into the wall and we were set.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:

It isn't hard to do and the beauty is, once you've done it, you never really have to do it again.

If you use Apache and PHP, you can just copy over the config files and that's about all you really need to do to get it running. Also, I think for MySQL purposes, you need the PHP directory in your PATH environment variable. At least, that's been my experience.
  • Ka0s wrote:
    UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    I'd say it looks more like a Dell, but it could be either. Whatever's true, I'm sorry.

Dell Dimension E310. You are the winner.

Why be sorry? Its serving its purpose (no pun intended) just fine.

I remember once you told me om AIM that your parents got that computer. You said it came with WMC 2005 so I guess it was in 2005 when you told me.
  • However it's working, I'm glad it is. Where else can I get my quality Windows ME iso's?
  • Windows XP Media Center Edition... Now there was a fun OS.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:

Advice: Don't use 5.3, its shit, extensions like mcrypt doesn't seem to exist, and is slow as feck.
  • Rioter wrote:
    UP-ON-CPU wrote:

Advice: Don't use 5.3, its shit, extensions like mcrypt doesn't seem to exist, and is slow as feck.

Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) PHP/5.3.1 (HTTP/1.1, 80)

Runs fine here.
  • My two servers:

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.6

and

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/6.0.0-dev
  • Swifto wrote:
    However it's working, I'm glad it is. Where else can I get my quality Windows ME iso's?

WAAAAIIIIT A MINUTE....
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Swifto wrote:
    However it's working, I'm glad it is. Where else can I get my quality Windows ME iso's?
    WAAAAIIIIT A MINUTE....
    =3
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Rioter wrote:
    UP-ON-CPU wrote:

Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) PHP/5.3.1 (HTTP/1.1, 80)

Runs fine here.

Game Graveyard server runs lighttpd 1.4.26 and PHP 5.3.1. Works fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file