New server...

edited April 2010 in Hardware
I'm getting a workshop/man cave put in this weekend. Essentially it's going to be a 12x12 building featuring a couch, 22" LCD, 15mbps/2mbps cable modem, and full featured cable TV. I'll be throwing in two work benches for my two hobbies along with my old server from ~6 years ago.

So.

Should I setup a dedicated FTP or what? Anyone miss the ancient prerelease ISOs? Betas/alphas were pretty much 60% of what was on there anyways.

I guess what I am asking here is if there is even a demand or interest anymore for FTP servers? Bittorrent seems to have taken over the file sharing scene.

Comments

• Youre going to be living in a shed?

I know lifes a bitch and then you die, but really, if things are THAT bad, the job market isnt THAT bad up my way... You can have the extra bedroom for like a few months I guess...
  • ROFL

I guess you have never heard of such a building before. It's sort of a chill zone/storage place/workshop all in one deal. My job's great, never been more satisfied.
  • Josh wrote:
    My job's great, never been more satisfied.

So that means you've moved out of your parents house?

....exactly.
  • That made no sense Fish.

Anyway, Duff has one of those things (sortof), or did last time I knew.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    That made no sense Fish.

Anyway, Duff has one of those things (sortof), or did last time I knew.

-Q

I was implying that his job COULD create more satisfaction. I felt like doing some pot stirring last night.

EDIT! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT DUFFS SHED!
  • Lol who said anything about my parent's houses? My parents live literally on opposite ends of the nation.
  • man cave n. A dedicated area of a house, such as a basement, workshop, or garage, where a man can be alone or socialize with his friends.

Basically somewhere men can be men without ladies bitching about us scratching our man hood or farting... that type of stuff.
  • jim2029 wrote:
    man cave n. A dedicated area of a house, such as a basement, workshop, or garage, where a man can be alone or socialize with his friends.

Basically somewhere men can be men without ladies bitching about us scratching our man hood or farting... that type of stuff.
    I need one ASAP!