Hi! Could anyone help me find a USB driver?

edited August 2010 in Hardware
I'm trying to set up a Windows 9.x setup on an older computer for old DOS games, but I'd still like to have USB flas drive support, so I was wondering if anyone know where I can find a copy of the following driver?

Intel(r) 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller

Also, on a related note, I was wondering if I can get USB drivers to work in 95 (I have a copy of Windows 95 OSR 2.1), particularly working flash drives.

(I don't mind if it's USB 1.1, as long as I can use a flash drive formatted in FAT 32)

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Not so sure about Flash Drive support in Win95 but there is a universal driver for flash drives for Win98 and 98SE. I forget the link but it's around the interwebs, I do have the files but am not sure where I put them.

USB drivers are provided on the Win95 setup cd, make sure both parts are installed and that should give you the generic OHCI driver used for the chipset.
  • 95's USB support is meh...

I have USB mass storage drivers for NT 4, but nothing for 95.
  • Like I say there really isn't much of any USB gear for Win95, Win98 was the USB seller in the day.
  • Yeah, they didn't even start having decent USB support until 95C. 98SE was definitely the best support of the period.
  • Here is the flash driver for 98 and 98se

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

you have to pick the right one for your system tho, and the installer fits on a floppy disk