WordPerfect 8?

edited August 2010 in Software
Hi everyone!

I'm new here. As you can tell by my username, Win95 is my favorite. That was the first OS I used as a kid and the simplicity and speed is great.

Anyway, I am writing this on my Windows 95 virtual machine (VMWare) and I'm writing to know if anyone can help me here.

I can't find Corel WordPerfect 8 anywhere. I have a CD key for it from when I used to have the CD. After a move I lost some CD's I had (so I lost my WordPerfect 8) but I always stored all my CD's CD-keys on my computer.

Can anyone give me a link of where to get it? I don't care which service pack it is but I'd like to use it with my Win95 virtual machine.

Thanks everyone and I'm glad to be here. Wonderful site!

PS: Anyone know where I can find the latest version of Symantec ANtivirus Corporate for Win95?

Comments

• If I might interject... where are you planning to pick up a Windows 9x virus these days?
  • Kirk wrote:
    If I might interject... where are you planning to pick up a Windows 9x virus these days?
    LOL I was thinking that when I've first seen this topic..

Anyway, WP8 for W9x is much easier to find nowadays than Symantec's shit from the 90's :O
  • LOL well actually the only reason I say that is because I use Opera 9 and as time goes on it will be out-dated and who knows if some asshole will make a simple virus that just attacks explorer.exe then anyone would be vonurable. But I agree, I don't think I have to worry about viruses for a good while or maybe never.
  • Kirk wrote:
    If I might interject... where are you planning to pick up a Windows 9x virus these days?

Lots of places... old disks, old websites, old emails? Possibilities are endless...

Just think, somewhere someone is hooking up their old windows 95 machine, connecting it to the internet and unleashing ancient, ineffective, non-horror down on us all. :P
  • The only place I found it was on a torrent site Demonoid.com but with 1 seeder (so forget that).

I ended up buying it brand new for $19 from Amazon :) because I could not find it ANYWHERE in none of all the sites/sources I usually find software.

Maybe winworldpc would like an ISO?
  • I'd love to seen an Iso, and trust me some times sites like dmonoid say the seeders and leachers wrong,
  • Bigjake52 wrote:
    I'd love to seen an Iso, and trust me some times sites like dmonoid say the seeders and leachers wrong,

yeah that is true but I opened it in utorrent and 1 seeder and like 3 leechers...FORGET IT!
  • It's entirely possible to complete a download with 1 seeder and 3 leechers, in a decent amount of time at that.

But since you bought it, if you want to make an ISO of the disk, by all means upload it. I've actually been looking for a copy of WP8 or 9.
  • ok i'll make an ISO when I get it don't worry. I work currently at a state facility and we use Wordperfect 8 which to me is unbelieveable how behind we are LOL considering that the rest of the state agencies (in my state) have moved to Microsoft Office.
  • Wow you work for the goverment and you pirate, wow, How hard is the us goverment on pirating? I never herd anything about canada goverment on pirating
  • LOL no no I am a temporary worker it's a short program to get some money. Then I go back to being a volunteer. I am not a full-time, fully employed worker so it's all good.

PS: WordPerfect 8 estimated delivery is August 30th so plenty of time to wait.
  • Wow not bad, I could have it befor I could go to school, (the iso I mean)
    The reason I sounded kind of freeked out as I read some wheres one guy downloaded like 5 fliping songs and had charged up to 5mill, or some shit,

so yea that must suck for that guy
  • Well but that guy must have done it on his work computer LOL. Just because I work temporarily (or my dad used to work full time) at a state/government facility doesn't mean they track your home computer or nothing like that. That guy that you heard about must have been really just....stupid? lol