Run OSX on a 1984 Mac

edited February 2011 in Hardware
http://www.instructables.com/id/Upgrade ... un-OS-X-S/ Yes, I did read it, so no obvious comments?

Comments

• Oldest trick in the book. The title gave it away before I even saw the link. :P
  • Yeah I saw it coming. It's like putting a computer inside an NES and saying you have an NES that can run Windows 7. It's just not the same.
  • I think it's cute!
  • Cool!!!

I've always loved the MAC Classic for some reason... and it's the only Mac which I've been more than 15 minutes with :P
  • Then you'd probably hate this since it won't have the Classic interface at all.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Then you'd probably hate this since it won't have the Classic interface at all.
    Nah, I meant the computer itself, not the OS :P
  • I remember this one line of Mac's my school had. I thought they were so fucking cool because the body of them was, like, four inches tall. (laid horizontally, monitor sitting on top)

Considering that about the only other computer I knew of at the time was the old Mac's like what Clean linked in the first page, and my family's IBM Aptiva, which was also horizontally built but, like, eight inches tall.
  • I have a Macintosh Classic. But... it actually works great with OS 6, so I'm leaving it how it is for now :)

Cool link though.
  • I'd actually leave that in my living room just to show off. Sounds like an awesome weekend project.