Verizon iPhone - thoughts?

edited February 2011 in Hardware
Soooo it's been floating around for a while now that Verizon would release an iPhone, and it was announced today... Things worth noting is that no current case will fit on it, its CDMA w/ EVDO only (no LTE), which also means no GSM for global use. There's also a wifi tethering option available - although with CDMA, not only is sharing EVDO with 5 other devices slow - they all lose data when you're in call.

Oh, you need to rebuy the iPhone 4 if you're moving from AT&T. All seems rather backwards considering its Apple.. Thoughts? Personally I think you're stupid if you go from GSM/UMTS to CDMA.. :P

Comments

• Makes no difference to me, it's pretty much GSM all the way here in the UK (though I think orange has some CDMA transmitters as well).

Can't say much more here.
  • All I can say is that I wish I had Verizon service with the CDMA technology. ATT out here just sucks. Period. I get 3g when I'm outside, Verizon users get 3+ bars inside.

I have always respected Verizon's awesomeness when it comes to network connectivity. I just wish it would be worth the move overall.
  • I want.

Damn it. I wish I could afford it.
  • i think your stupid if you buy an iphone period.
  • edited January 2011
    So me and ka0s at least, are stupid. Cheers. At least I'm not an apple hugging fucktard.

Edit: forgot the <sarcasm>
  • rioter you should come on irc
  • Sorry, wasn't trying to have a go at you, was trying to be sarcastic but failed miserably in the process
  • I'm stupid too.
  • I may be getting the Verizon iPhone.
  • In my experience, (working as a sales rep for a Verizon retailer, and using both the GSM and CDMA networks), Verizon's network seems to be superior than AT&T's. Many people moved from Verizon to AT&T mainly because of the iPhone. Now that the iPhone is on Verizon's network, everyone is moving back to the superior network. They get the best of both worlds: the iPhones that they can't live without, and the network that they love.

But perhaps I'm completely wrong...
  • I wouldn't say that I love Verizon, but I love the fact that I actually get service in my home without leaning out a window.