HELP ME

edited April 2011 in Software
My miniprograms on my windows 7 computer are all broken, and wont work proberly, it just comes up some help logo, and some cross on a page, like when a picture cant load. :(
This is NOT a virtual machine.

Does anyone know what i can do?

I didn´t found anywhere else to put this thread, and i think it`s not off-topic.

Comments

• screenshot it. what portable apps are involved here?
  • IE is fucked (those widgets are rendered with IE)

moreyouknow.jpg
  • They're called Gadgets, not miniprograms. That might help you when researching this problem.
  • I just have one question...

How does anybody fuck Internet Explorer up further than it already is?
  • Turn off scripting, put *.* in restricted sites, et al et al.
  • IE 9 is actually pretty decent. It's speedy, does a decent job of rendering from what I've seen. They've finally made a respectable browser after all these years.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    IE 9 is actually pretty decent. It's speedy, does a decent job of rendering from what I've seen. They've finally made a respectable browser after all these years.
    I'll actually agree with that. I thought that the best MS would of put out in terms of IE in history would be IE 3. That was a decent browser back then. My only grudge was the default layout of cramming the tabs with everything, but they could be moved so it didn't matter anyways.
  • The only thing I'm not too keen about with IE9 is downloading.

I'm ok with notifications (popup blocked, etc) being at the bottom, but a download notification shouldn't be...

First time or two I've downloaded something with IE9, I wondered why it wasn't downloading it and then I noticed it was asking me to download it at the bottom of the screen...
  • IE9's acceptable. I look at it this way, I won't have to touch IE again.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    The only thing I'm not too keen about with IE9 is downloading.

I'm ok with notifications (popup blocked, etc) being at the bottom, but a download notification shouldn't be...

First time or two I've downloaded something with IE9, I wondered why it wasn't downloading it and then I noticed it was asking me to download it at the bottom of the screen...
    I actually don't mind that at the bottom either. I seem to use all browsers equally now since everyone's putting out acceptable browsers now.
  • I think the last time I had only one browser installed on my system was back in 2003 or 2004. Since then, I've always had at least two. Not counting IE.

In a day, I will use Firefox mainly, Opera a little bit and chrome a little bit. I generally don't use IE unless I'm testing a site.
  • I only use IE on local sites (like when I'm on campus and I need access to the research lab intranet that still has crap on it designed for IE4 and basically it. I still don't have a lot of trust in the security of that browser still.