I found a really odd bug.

edited October 2014 in Site Issues
I was on the "Hardware" section of the site, i was curious and wanted to see a lot of the older posts, so i went to the last page, and the earliest post i find, which was from Duff about getting a Laptop, it says the post is from 1969, but oddly if you click on it it says it was posted in 2004. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• The database this forum is on has weird quirks like that.
    Small piece of Winworld history for those who haven't been around long: Winworld, specifically Winboards, from 03-07 was hosted on home servers, usually inside Ka0s's or Q's (one of the original admins) closet. The computer the forum was on suffered a drive failure in 07 which basically killed the forums then. Wasn't until 3 years later or so that the data was able to be recovered. But the forums were moved so many times in the history before 07 that corruption existed from bad upgrades, file corruption, etc. A lot of the DB issues phpbb has with Winboards are known, just have never been actively fixed.
    (I think I got that right, anyone else remember the full details? I was off and on at that time.)

Good example: you can't view all the topics in Random Crap. The pages don't go that far back.
  • That's very informative. Thank you.
  • I believe it was a combination of that and none of us actually knowing wtf we were doing. I also recall a few security breaches.