Windows Whistler "blank" download

edited November 2014 in Site Issues
On the Windows Whistler page, under RC1, Microsoft Windows XP (''Whistler'' 5.1.2502.0 Professional RC1) has unknown size. Clicking on the file leads to the two mirrors, both showing a size of 0 KB. Downloading the file gives the .7z archive with nothing inside.

Comments

• I've unlinked that download entry for now. If anyone else is inclined to restore the file, I'll link the entry back.
  • edited November 2014
    I'm trying to upload it, but once I click on "Contribute archive" after filling out release information, it redirects me back to /library. I've tried this on both Chrome and Internet Explorer with same results.

I'll upload it to some location for the time being.

P.S. Just checked my email. I'm getting blank credentials:
    FTP server: winworldpc.com
    FTP user:
    FTP Password:
    This login will expire on: 1970-01-02 06:01 UTC

Here, 2502 is uploaded: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w2w9w ... ler.iso.7z
    5.0.2202.1 Professional is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?f429boa06j428tz
  • I'm trying to upload it, but once I click on "Contribute archive" after filling out release information, it redirects me back to /library. I've tried this on both Chrome and Internet Explorer with same results.

Try Palemoon or Seamonkey.
  • Er... did you just name the archive wrong? Your uploaded one says 2202.
  • *facepalm*

Sorry about that, I uploaded the wrong one. For some reason I read 2502 as 2202.

I updated the previous post. 2202 doesn't exist on servers, so I'm keeping both links to be downloaded and saved to WW servers ;)
    dosbox wrote:
    I'm trying to upload it, but once I click on "Contribute archive" after filling out release information, it redirects me back to /library. I've tried this on both Chrome and Internet Explorer with same results.

Try Palemoon or Seamonkey.

I don't think it's a matter of which browser to use. That's for sure.
  • Alrighty, downloading the second one too, I didn't have any problems getting FTP credentials when I tried in pale moon so I'll upload em for you.

Also... did you know that the quotation symbol isn't valid in file names in Windows? So all of these archives and folder inside them contain "Whistler" .... but you can't actually name them that in Windows...
  • Alrighty, downloading the second one too, I didn't have any problems getting FTP credentials when I tried in pale moon so I'll upload em for you.

Also... did you know that the quotation symbol isn't valid in file names in Windows? So all of these archives and folder inside them contain "Whistler" .... but you can't actually name them that in Windows...

I know about quotation marks are not allowed in Windows, but I didn't get what you're trying to say?
    Both uploads don't contain any quotation marks. If there was, it's two single quote mark ( ' )
  • When I make submissions I like to make them ready to host, so I'm trying to follow the naming patterns used by the rest of the whistler archives.

Oddly enough it seems that the command line does work...
  • In this case the issue is what you entered for "Release" was too long. Normally "Release" should be the specific version number or version group, such as 1.23, 2..45, or 1.x, 2,x. In this case Early Whistler, Beta 1, Beta 2, RC 1, RC 2, Final, or 5.1.2502.0 Professional RC1. I'll add a bug report about the string length.

Only the actual file/download name needs to be "Microsoft Windows XP (''Whistler'' 5.1.2502.0 Professional RC1)"