A Question About Foxconn.

edited December 2014 in Hardware
This is a question about the brand known as Foxconn; why exactly are they hated upon so much? They are responsible for manufacturing the iPad, iPhone, Xbox One, PS4, and probably almost every laptop in existence, yet so many people compare this brand to generic brands such as Biostar, ECS, and Zotac, why is this?

Comments

• I don't see too much actual stuff manufactured and sold under the Foxconn name.

Most people do not like Foxconn due to the working conditions. They're far, far from ideal Western conditions. Many employees there are worked numerous hours into overtime and proper pay is not often paid out. Numerous suicides have occurred.
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Stitch is right. Foxconn have been known for poor conditions and numerous suicides they even put suicide nets up to stop workers taking their own lives
  • stitch wrote:
    I don't see too much actual stuff manufactured and sold under the Foxconn name.

Most people do not like Foxconn due to the working conditions. They're far, far from ideal Western conditions. Many employees there are worked numerous hours into overtime and proper pay is not often paid out. Numerous suicides have occurred.

I've heard about this, it surprises me quite a bit.

Any thoughts on their motherboards? I might consider one for an upcoming PC build.

On websites like Tom's Hardware, Foxconn is treated like dog shit, without any specific reason why, and little do they know the phones in their pockets were made by Foxconn, yet their motherboards are apparently shit.
  • Never tried a Foxconn brand board but I attend to see component parts made by them on quality devices.
  • stitch wrote:
    I don't see too much actual stuff manufactured and sold under the Foxconn name.

I've heard about this, it surprises me quite a bit.

It never surprised me.

Recently I heard about the conditions at Ubisoft and I wasn't so surprised either. Both the West and East can have it pretty bad.
  • Any thoughts on their motherboards? I might consider one for an upcoming PC build.

I would call that a mixed bag, some of their comsumer grade motherboards I have seen were very shitty as others I have seen were actually decent.
    TCPMeta wrote:
    I attend to see component parts made by them on quality devices.

I believe they make much higher quailty components for when they are contracted (by Apple, BlackBerry, Nintendo, etc.) than when they make their consumer off-the-shelf motherboards, though some of their consumer grade ones aren't half that bad
  • dosbox wrote:
    Recently I heard about the conditions at Ubisoft

Any news article about it, please?

I found this, though:

10365850_710710982350287_8205349610759450532_n.jpg

Anything else?
  • who remembers DNF?