File Archive Issue.

edited January 2015 in Site Issues
Hello, I'm a frequent user (didnt register) of WinWorldPC a few years ago, downloaded some abandonware to use on my VM. I lost interest in that and now I'm here again to download stuff.

Now, I downloaded a copy of Longhorn and Whistler. I tried extracting the 7z files with 7-zip. But it showed an error that it's an invalid archive. Could any of you guys help please? Thank you very much in advance!! :)

Comments

• Could you specify which files you downloaded (full filename) so I can check the archive and ensure it isn't a corrupted package on our end.

If it checks out okay on our end, I recommend:

1) Use the Extract button in 7-Zip instead of dragging and dropping.
    2) Make sure you're using the latest version of 7-Zip (at least 9.20 stable or 9.36 beta).
    3) Re-download the file if all else fails.
  • I did a full scan of my WinWorld repository (i.e. opened every archive under Whistler and Longhorn), had no problems. While I didn't attempt extracting, I trust that the files are proper since I could open them.

My suggestion is to try downloading again.
  • If you didn't 'test' the archive just being able to open them isn't a guarantee. However I did notice he said they can't be opened at all, which suggests the file was corrupted while being downloaded.