The river has dried up

edited March 2015 in News & Announcements
Effective immediately The River Dumb and The River Chicago have both been merged into Random Crap and all topics previously within are locked. Duff and I have discussed this change and it's generally felt that the rivers have served their purpose. We have not moved many topics in some time and do feel the overall posting quality today is far superior than when the river(s) were introduced.

This does not change any expectations for posting which again can be summed up as such:
* Use your head, make sure it's something worth reading that you have put some thought into.
* Utilize professional English to the best of your ability.

The River Swimmers user group will remain and will still house the most heinous of violators.

Comments

• I'd like to make a suggestion; would you consider giving the River Of Dumb topics their own sub-forum in Random Crap?

This way you're able to separate the dumb topics from the relevant ones more.
  • Its great that the posting quality has improved enough to get rid of the need for the River Dumb, may it continue to stay that way.
  • I'd like to make a suggestion; would you consider giving the River Of Dumb topics their own sub-forum in Random Crap?

This way you're able to separate the dumb topics from the relevant ones more.
    I second this measure.
  • Part of the problem with the River of Dumb was that some people were turning it in to a contest to try and get their posts moved in there. Any similar sub-forum would suffer the same problem. The idea is to avoid generating such content in the first place.
  • Additionally, now that we've completed the merge it cannot be reversed. That said most of the posts in the rivers were pretty old and have already been pushed from the front page of Random Crap.

You can still identify River Swimmers (idiots) by looking for the big pink username.
  • River Chicago? What's that? I never saw anything named The River Chicago anywhere on the forum.
  • "The River Chicago: This is where all of the posts go that are just outright degrading to read. If you find a topic or a post moved away it's likely in here because it's of notoriously awful quality that we don't feel it's fit to be shown on the boards publicly. This river is only viewable by Administrators and VIP."

Source: /viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6946

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file