C.H.I.P. - $9 Credit Card Size Computer

edited May 2015 in Hardware
I just recently found out about a cool credit card sized computer board similar to a Raspberry Pi.

It has 1GHz Allwinner R8 Processor, 512MB of DDR3 RAM, 4GB of internal storage, internal WiFi and Bluetooth and both USB and audio connectors on the side.
The board comes with all of that and only for $9, a lot cheaper then the Raspberry Pi at $35.

One problem I've noticed with this is that it actually has no proper video out on the board so to use a real monitor on it you would need to dish out another $10-20 on a VGA or HDMI adapter for it.

From what I've found out about this little board so far it looks promising and may even replace the Raspberry Pi as the most cost effective credit card sized PC.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... 9-computer

What do you guys at WinWorld think of this board so far? It says it can play plenty of DOS games!

Comments

• That looks very interesting, I'd be willing to buy one if/when its released. I have a few things in mind I could use one for.
  • It's a kickstarter for one. Two it's the base price for $9.00. To get all of the bells and whistles you have to buy breakout/shield boards.

If it wasn't a kick starter I would order a few boards for projects.
  • I would get one with the vga board. You would thing they would of put 8gb or 16gb storage on it for more space and i wonder if they will have it so you can install your own OS on it like linux or something else. It's cool you can play dos games with it.