Need for a few more application tags.

edited June 2015 in Site Issues
Well, I see Stitch is messing around with things right now. Not sure where to put this at the moment, but anyway earlier I was reviewing the tags in the application section, and I believe there is a need for a few additional ones:

* Educational
This would include general education titles, tutorials and training material)

* Scientific
We have a few of these and they just don't fit anywhere else.

* Managment
Any kind of management decision tools, such as project schedulers.

* Shell
A category for things like Norton Desktop, PB Nagivator, hDC Windows Express, etc. Might include command-line shells, and smaller desktop enhancements.

Additionally, if it possible, could we change "Virtualization" to "Emulation" (Or just add Emulation")? Virtualization tools could fit in to Emulation, but not the other way around. "Emulation" would include general system emulators, as well as API compatibility layers, CPU translation tools, and things like that.

Also, there is some confusion about the seperate "Development Tools" section. It might be better to have development tools under "Applications" with a development tools tag. The problem is there is a lot of crossover with things like server/database related development tools. Not sure what the right answer is, so I will just leave this a suggestion for consideration.

Comments

• Either that or developer tools can have categories of their own for things like purpose (IDE, compiler, library) and language (C, Pascal, BASIC)
  • Edited the terminology above. I meant application "tag".