Installing Mac OS 9 on PowerMac G4

edited July 2015 in Software
Hi all,
I was wondering how you would install Mac OS 9.2.2 on a PowerMac G4 with a blank Seagate 60GB IDE Hard Drive? It's the M8570 MDD model (according to the back of it anyway). Any guidance would be appreciated as I can't really find much on the net :-)

Thanks

Comments

• Simple, toss in the CD, shut down, turn back on holding the C key and it will boot from the CD.
  • I tried that, but all I get is the
    "? and mac os symbol" gif.
    The dvd drive and hdd are both installed with cable select.
    I can get to the "bios menu", but none of the other commands work, e.g. the operating system choose "c" changes nothing. always the same when it starts.
  • First of all reset the PRAM by pressing Command-Option-P-R while booting and hold the key till you hear the Boinc sound for the second time.

Than insert the CD if you don't already have and press and hold C till you see the starting up logo from 9.2.

If this don't work than maybe you r cd is not OK or your drive is faulty. Some drives have some problems whit burned CD's, so you could replace the drive by a normal CD-DVD drive from any other PC manufacturer. And maybe install both drives as Master on different IDE slots (when I remember rights the MDD has 3, long ago I had one).
  • The dvd drive and hdd are both installed with cable select.
    Thats the problem you got two hermaphrodites there. you need the CD drive set to master and the hard drive set to slave, get some BSM going. Or for something kinky have the Hard drive set to cable select.