Anyone looking for old hardware?

edited August 2015 in Hardware
Hi WinWorld, long time no see.

I am moving out and have a lot of old hardware laying around here. I definitely want to take some of it with me, but hauling everything I have here to a new place would be not only a waste of time, but a huge undertaking. As a result I am going to either sell or recycle a lot of my old hardware.

If someone here is looking for an old PC or parts for an old PC, please feel free to reply to this and let me know what you're in the market for. If I have it in surplus, I would be happy to send it your way if you pay for the shipping, and depending on the scale of the purchase, maybe my next lunch.

As I have more time to go through my stuff, I will post some more specifics here on items I think might interest WinWorlders.

Cheers,
Kirk

Comments

• I might be interested if you have any old Macs, I collection and repair those. I would want old-ass parts and junk computers, but with the shipping issue (it's quite expensive), I don't think it's worth it.
  • I need a front panel to a AT case that has the reset/turbo/keylock deal. Also a AT power supply or two would be neat. Only issue though I need to ask the wife if I can spend some money.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    I need a front panel to a AT case that has the reset/turbo/keylock deal. Also a AT power supply or two would be neat. Only issue though I need to ask the wife if I can spend some money.

Anything specific? Tower? Desktop? I've got a small AT tower with a power supply I am cleaning up and selling on Ebay in the near future.
  • How old are we talking?
  • Since my old Dell Desktop's replacement case won't be coming anytime soon, I'd like to have a Dell Optiplex GX150-280 Desktop case. If you don't have one/can't get one, Then something good enough for Windows 9x gaming (Pentium III above 600 MHz or Pentium 4 below 2.4 GHz), Preferably Dell branded since I already have a complete set with a Dell Monitor, Dell Keyboard, Dell Mouse, and Dell Speakers.
  • I'm looking for something as old, or older than a Pentium 3. Just need the motherboard and maybe CPU. If you got a full tower, that would be great.
  • Ok, You've Caught My Attention. Can You Ship Any Of It To The UK?
  • Thanks for your responses guys!

I'll be a little tied up for a few days and I will not be back at the house where this stuff is located until Thursday. Once I am back, I will be able to go through any specific requests and see what I can dig up.

Since my old Dell Desktop's replacement case won't be coming anytime soon, I'd like to have a Dell Optiplex GX150-280 Desktop case. If you don't have one/can't get one, Then something good enough for Windows 9x gaming (Pentium III above 600 MHz or Pentium 4 below 2.4 GHz), Preferably Dell branded since I already have a complete set with a Dell Monitor, Dell Keyboard, Dell Mouse, and Dell Speakers.
    Thanks for your interest, I have a lot of Dell stuff and I have a lot of stuff in that P3 era that's Dell, let me take a look and I'll see what I can find. As soon as I have a specific idea of what I have for you, I will update you.

I'm looking for something as old, or older than a Pentium 3. Just need the motherboard and maybe CPU. If you got a full tower, that would be great.
    Thanks for your interest, I should be able to find something good for you. I have a lot of P3 era equipment. Let me see what I can find and I'll get back to you with some specifics.

Ok, You've Caught My Attention. Can You Ship Any Of It To The UK?
    The real question is are you willing\able to pay to ship it to the UK? I am in the United States but I don't care where it's going. You're the one who will be paying the shipping. :roll:
  • Kirk wrote:

If someone here is looking for an old PC or parts for an old PC, please feel free to reply to this and let me know what you're in the market for. If I have it in surplus, I would be happy to send it your way if you pay for the shipping, and depending on the scale of the purchase, maybe my next lunch.

I am looking for: Motherboards or complete systems '386 or earlier, ISA, EISA or VLB. Disk drives 5.25, half or full height 360 k (DSDD) or 1.2 Mb (DSHD). Video or disk controller cards pre-PCI. I am in CLE, OH.

Thanks for your reply,
    Charles Hudson
    clh333
  • As much as I would like some old hardware, I don't have any money.