I just got an HP iPAQ!

edited September 2015 in Hardware
I was given an old iPAQ yesterday and it's awesome! It's in perfect condition! I just have one problem. I'm connected to the internet over WIFI but when I go into Internet Explorer it gives me an error saying I need to change my connection settings! I think I have to get my ISP's info, but where do I find it?

Comments

• A machine that old probably has / had a modem in it. Check to see if IE was previously configured to connect through dialup. If so, you simply change it to a LAN connection. No ISP information needed.
  • I had an HP iPAQ (HX2400 or HX2410) and it gave me this error a lot. It would sometimes work, but very rarely. I remember one trick that would usually get it back to working if it gave this error a bunch of times, I would try to connect to a different network and then try my own again.

One thing to also consider is the Wireless card in there is too old to connect to your router, as I don't think there was a model after the HX4700 which was in 04 or 05. It's probably only Wireless G, B, or maybe something even older. What model iPAQ is it?
  • Thanks guys. It has not been previously set up with dial-up so that won't work. It's an HP iPAQ H4150 with wireless B. I think I'll just skip connecting it anyway. It can barely run the web on internet explorer and it's too slow.