The WinWorld Library search bar doesn't work!

edited November 2015 in Site Issues
:arrow: Although it may seem that I just registered, I have been using WinWorld for a while now. My pet peeve is when there is no search bar :evil: :twisted: ! I absolutely HATE it when i type in a query, hit Enter aand it does NOTHING at ALL!

:!: This issue NEEDS to be fixed as soon as possible.

Comments

• This is a known issue. It will be fixed exactly and precisely "whenever". :P

Actually, when it was working it didn't work very well.

In the mean time you can search entries using Google by prefixing your search terms with "site:winworldpc.com". Although it can take time for new entries to show up there.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    This is a known issue. It will be fixed exactly and precisely "whenever". :P

Actually, when it was working it didn't work very well.

In the mean time you can search entries using Google by prefixing your search terms with "site:winworldpc.com". Although it can take time for new entries to show up there.

Good idea, but why not use one of those "Google Custom Search" search boxes that are on SO many websites?

And if the search bar doesn;t work and no one plans to fix it, just remove it.
  • I've had that problem too, and the only way I can look for new stuff to peek at or download was to flick through all the pages in the library. And if it's a known issue, how long has it remained broken for? Just curious.
  • Several reasons

* I don't much care for Google
    * There is work ongoing for proper search in dev WinWorld
    * There's several other things that need to be addressed before development code is ready to go live.
    * Manual changes to the live site make it difficult to apply patches sourced from dev.

I get it, it's far easier to RANT like a CHILD with the CAPS than to type in $PRODUCT site:winworldpc.com into your browser's search engine box. It's reading things like this which kills the motivation to approach dev and finish things up.

qElObHY.jpg
  • stitch wrote:
    Several reasons

* I don't much care for Google
    * There is work ongoing for proper search in dev WinWorld
    * There's several other things that need to be addressed before development code is ready to go live.
    * Manual changes to the live site make it difficult to apply patches sourced from dev.

I get it, it's far easier to RANT like a CHILD with the CAPS than to type in $PRODUCT site:winworldpc.com into your browser's search engine box. It's reading things like this which kills the motivation to approach dev and finish things up.

qElObHY.jpg

I won;t rant like a child with the CAPS anymore.

• And if the search bar doesn;t work and no one plans to fix it, just remove it.

Did you read what i said before?
  • Bry89 wrote:
    I've had that problem too, and the only way I can look for new stuff to peek at or download was to flick through all the pages in the library. And if it's a known issue, how long has it remained broken for? Just curious.

I would have said the same thing.

• And if the search bar doesn;t work and no one plans to fix it, just remove it.

Did you read what i said before?
    stitch wrote:

folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.