Windows Vista build 5840

edited December 2015 in Software
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the Vista 5840 from WinWorld's library.

In system in control panel it says I have 30 days to activate, and, of course, this number decreases as I use it.

Do I need to worry about this build expiring? I read somewhere else that this build doesn't have a "timebomb" and am not sure which information is correct.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Sincerely,

Brandon T

Comments

• btman16 wrote:
    Hello,

In system in control panel it says I have 30 days to activate, and, of course, this number decreases as I use it.

Do I need to worry about this build expiring? I read somewhere else that this build doesn't have a "timebomb" and am not sure which information is correct.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Sincerely,

Brandon T
    Actually i'm pretty stumped here. I looked around and i didn't see any BIOS dates that you'd need to use nor serials (but we're not distributing those for legal reasons)
  • Hello,

I don't know if this will help, but it was in a discussion on WinBeta where I saw this.

In case it may be of help, the link is:
    http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31372

Thanks,

Brandon
  • btman16 wrote:
    Hello,
    Sincerely,
    Brandon T

Well it is probably a time bomb. I have no idea if this will work with vista builds or not, but I have had experience with disabling time bombs on windows whistler builds. Try these links here 1 and 2. You need to install the first "1 linked" program first. And then run the "2 linked" program to disable the time bomb. You must to it in that order. Hope it works. This is the only way I know how to do it...
  • Hello,

Thank you very much for this information.

Right now, the only place in Windows I'm seeing activation information is in system in Control Panel. The tray (notification area) does not say anything about needing to activate Windows.

I have also not gotten any balloon notifications about this either.

Will I start getting them as the number of days remaining decreases, or is this different behavior than normal?

Thanks,

Brandon