To all the annoying squekers that want XP.

edited December 2015 in Software
You can still download XP Mode from the Microsoft website, if you are running Windows Virtual PC on Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.

Comments

• Or, you can get an XP virtual machine legally from our friends of Microsoft for VirtualBox here. Funnily enough, I had thought of making this kind of thread before when I had seen these kids screaming for it myself.
  • I don't think it's really necessary for you to make a thread about this when there is a thing on the front page that says what you basically said in this thread about Windows XP. If kids come to the forum and ask the admins are able to deal with them.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    Or, you can get an XP virtual machine legally from our friends of Microsoft for VirtualBox here. Funnily enough, I had thought of making this kind of thread before when I had seen these kids screaming for it myself.
    You can also get Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/microsoft ... s/windows/
  • They can also get shiny new CDs and manuals and CDs on eBay for not too much.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    They can also get shiny new CDs and manuals and CDs on eBay for not too much.
    I still have my WinXP SP3 disc, that came with my old computer, and its manual too. That was handy to install it on VirtualBox which I did two years ago.

While that may be awesome too, these are really to test out Internet Explorer versions (and Edge) on them, and that they expire after 90 days upon using them. Still. something to play around with.
  • Cool, thanks for the link to these.

Downloaded Win Vista & 10 - have to say I'm enjoying the former more, that glitz shiny interface does have some appeal!

Only problem is I can't get Aero or even Vista Standard. I'm not sure if I'm stuck on Basic because VB can't run graphics well enough, or if MS has crippled the VB version so it doesn't run the more advanced versions.

Anyone got any ideas to get Aero working? I've tried a few regedit tips I've found online, to no avail =(

Downloaded Win Vista & 10 - have to say I'm enjoying the former more, that glitz shiny interface does have some appeal!

Only problem is I can't get Aero or even Vista Standard. I'm not sure if I'm stuck on Basic because VB can't run graphics well enough, or if MS has crippled the VB version so it doesn't run the more advanced versions.

Anyone got any ideas to get Aero working? I've tried a few regedit tips I've found online, to no avail =(
    Really? It worked on my machine. But then again, I'm using VMware. VirtualBox may have a harder time with VM hardware acceleration.

Really? It worked on my machine. But then again, I'm using VMware. VirtualBox may have a harder time with VM hardware acceleration.

Ah, bugger. I think I accidentally downloaded the 'Windows' version of the .ova file. I'm not sure if that makes any difference at all on OS X.

Anyways not to worry, I've revived an old Vista laptop someone gave me. It runs Aero, but MAN is it slow on 1GB-RAM.
    So I've just completely gutted Vista and disabled a gazillion services, and I've got it on Vista classic now, ha.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    SomeGuy wrote:
    They can also get shiny new CDs and manuals and CDs on eBay for not too much.
    I still have my WinXP SP3 disc, that came with my old computer, and its manual too. That was handy to install it on VirtualBox which I did two years ago.

While that may be awesome too, these are really to test out Internet Explorer versions (and Edge) on them, and that they expire after 90 days upon using them. Still. something to play around with.
    Just copy the VHD and make a new VM with the VHD