direct access downladed file are corrupted or broken.

edited December 2015 in Software
Hi,

my boss ask me to download direct access for ms-dos, then I google for it and found it at here : https://winworldpc.com/product/direct-access
But then I've try download all version of the link that posted, extract by winrar, and there is .img files. How to extract the .img files to usb pendrive ? I've try with some 3rd party software like magiciso/alcohol 100% to extract the .img files, but it end up with error says files are corrupted, can't extract/mount or burn to a disc image.

Please suggest on how to use this? Thanks.

Comments

• IMG files are floppy disk images. You use WinImage to write them to a floppy disk.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    IMG files are floppy disk images. You use WinImage to write them to a floppy disk.
    I'm sure that he needs to extract to USB, Somguy.
    aionlim wrote:
    Hi,

my boss ask me to download direct access for ms-dos, then I google for it and found it at here : https://winworldpc.com/product/direct-access
    But then I've try download all version of the link that posted, extract by winrar, and there is .img files. How to extract the .img files to usb pendrive ? I've try with some 3rd party software like magiciso/alcohol 100% to extract the .img files, but it end up with error says files are corrupted, can't extract/mount or burn to a disc image.

Please suggest on how to use this? Thanks.
    1. Download WinImage.
    2.Open *.IMG in winimage
    3. Press "CTRL+X"
    4. Enter the path to your USB drive (X:\) Where X: is your USB drive.
    5. Enjoy!
    NOTE: This only works on Windows!
  • Keep in mind that many setup programs don't always run after they have been extracted to a folder. Many check for volume labels or requires extraction in to folders with specific names (such as disk1, disk2, disk3, etc). I don't recall if this specific program needs any of that or not.
  • Actually, it should go on a floppy, because that is what it was originally distributed on. But extracting might also work. Also note it is DOS software and as such probably will not run on 64-bit Windows and might have difficulties on NT.
  • scheurneus wrote:
    Actually, it should go on a floppy, because that is what it was originally distributed on. But extracting might also work. Also note it is DOS software and as such probably will not run on 64-bit Windows and might have difficulties on NT.
    Yeah, and he is probably running NT 6-10 (Win7-10)x64 so it might not work but my method was for if he would like to try.
  • Another way to extract:
    Take a Virtual Machine like Oracle VM VirtualBox and put the .img file in the emulated floppy there,
    Worked for me with all standard disks.
  • DOS_Fan wrote:
    Another way to extract:
    Take a Virtual Machine like Oracle VM VirtualBox and put the .img file in the emulated floppy there,
    Dos_Fan: VirtualBox is NOT a VM. It is the software used to RUN THE VM!
  • MS-DOS does check volume labels.
  • po lu wrote:
    DOS_Fan wrote:
    Another way to extract:
    No, DOS_FAN is right. Virtual box can accept floppy disk images, such as .img files.
  • birdy wrote:
    po lu wrote:
    DOS_Fan wrote:
    Another way to extract:
    No, DOS_FAN is right. Virtual box can accept floppy disk images, such as .img files.
    I had thoght that dos fan ment that VBOX is a VM. You need to boot the VM in VBOX and Mount the img!