The possibiltiy for NON abandonware on a separate website?

edited May 2016 in Software
I was thing. There is a lot of things that could definitely be listed for their usefulness that aren't abandonware.
(such as different linux distros, and possibly some OEM disks for people who really need their newer oses?)
I AM NOT ASKING FOR WINDOWS XP! (atleast not on this site, I know You guys hate that.)
I dont mean hosting more downloads for new OS's I just mean like a list to (official) websites and such.
I was thinking it would break away from winworld in a way but not by too much. I'm not saying you MUST do this but I just want to suggest some new ideas for this site and its devs.

Comments

• This is not really anything we have time to do.
  • Darn. I was really hoping, but is there any possibility for the future?
  • I don't really know what this other stuff you're talking about really is. Linux distributions are welcome to be housed here if there's no longer any available public sources for them and there's things like RedHat 5.2 and other various distributions that fit the bill and are available here.

I don't really know what you mean by "OEM disks"? I assume you're referring to driver disks and at that point we'd only host them if they're old enough and unavailable elsewhere. There's little point in hosting drivers for anything made in 2000 or beyond as those are usually available somewhere else online, usually the manufacturers page.

Either way anything else is too large of an effort for our staff. Nobody has that kind of time.
  • NO I what I'm referring to is like windows 7,vista,xp OEM install disks for people who lost them. I myself am missing the OEM disk for windows XP media center edition 2005.
  • Yeahhhhhh no.

(PS: You kind of just asked for XP).

folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.