Unable to apply an avatar to my account

Hello all,

I'd just like to know why I am unable to add an image to my profile in the user control panel. I have sized the image correctly (64x64), however I get an error page when I hit submit.

TheWalkingContradiction

Comments

• link offsite
  • Yup, a few emoticons as well as avatars and stuff randomly seem to be breaking, which I'm assuming is to do with the server problems however it happened beforehand too with the emoticons (not that they'll be missed or anything).
  • The emotions are probably a different issue, they just got zapped during a forum upgrade a while back. I did grab the old ones via archive.org. It is probably just a matter of copying the old ones back, but I'm not sure exactly where PHPBB keeps this stuff.
  • It's just kinda funny some still exist like :mrgreen: but :) doesn't. Hopefully it's just a simple file copy or something.

Now I think about it the avatar issue makes sense not to be related - avatars looked to be working a while ago.
  • link offsite
    Whats linked?
  • link offsite
    Whats linked?
    He means have your avatar from a URL somewhere instead of uploading it from your computer. I think most of us have done that so it's no big deal.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    link offsite
    Whats linked?
    He means have your avatar from a URL somewhere instead of uploading it from your computer. I think most of us have done that so it's no big deal.
    Ok, I'll give that a try