Mac OS X 10.1, stuck on EFI shell screen

edited June 2016 in Software
So I downloaded the OS X 10.1 install disc ISO and got it set up in virtualbox with pearpc (at least I think so, which might be my problem), but when I start it up it won't let me out of the EFI shell screen.
Here's what I did to set it up;
Took this tutorial
I couldn't locate a pre-existing version of pearpc in the virtualbox folder, so I just stuck ppc.exe in the main directory.
Now that I think about it, I have a feeling i'm doing this all wrong. Please help me. :oops:

Comments

• I'd suggest a different tutorial.

Whoever named that PearPC GUI frontend needs to be slapped. At a glance, "PearPC VirtualBox GUI" has nothing to do with VirtualBox other than it looks similar.

Keep in mind that underneath the hood setting this stuff up is not really that simple. And that PearPC is too slow to create a real usable environment.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I'd suggest a different tutorial.

Whoever named that PearPC GUI frontend needs to be slapped. At a glance, "PearPC VirtualBox GUI" has nothing to do with VirtualBox other than it looks similar.

Keep in mind that underneath the hood setting this stuff up is not really that simple. And that PearPC is too slow to create a real usable environment.

Do you have any suggestions on a good tutorial for this kind of thing? I do want to make sure I have something accurate and up to date.