old computer help

edited August 2016 in Hardware
I have a old at&t globalyst 620. This is a p1 computer. My question is every time went i turn it on and it seek or look for the floppy drive the floppy will do it buzz where the computer finds it but then the computer will say there no floppy drive found and give me a error message at it didn't find a floppy drive? I tried diffidence drives in it and diffidence floppy cables but i get the same thing. I even disable the floppy controller and put a isa floppy card in it but then it does the same thing. i don't know if it was because in was stored in the garage and it got to cold and did something to the computer. It work great before i put it a way. I use this as just a dos computer to play some old dos games. thanks for any help i get.

Comments

• Check the BIOS settings. It might be looking for more than one floppy drive or the wrong kind.
  • Yes everything is set right in the bios. I think frost got into the computer and did something to the chipset or the bios. Now the built in video card doesn't want to work. i had to put a isa video card i had to get video.
  • I had the same computer and recycled it over 10 years ago for the same reason. Now I feel I must have removed the PSU, FP drive, Memory and HD atleast from it.

Bad capacitors on the Motherboard can cause the PC to reboot randomly. Seems best to replace the motherboard if this happens. Few are good tho at finding and replacing faulty capacitors.